Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk-Bellew Card: Cordina-Cardle, Crolla-Yordan, Walsh-Lowe II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Usyk-Bellew Card: Cordina-Cardle, Crolla-Yordan, Walsh-Lowe II

Joe Cordina will meet Scott Cardle in a lightweight clash in a couple of months' time. Wales' Cordina is the current Commonwealth champion and is set to come up against the former British champion on November 10. The pair will square off at Manchester Arena, exclusively live on Sky Sports Box Office, on the undercard of Tony Bellew's IBF, WBA Super, WBC, Ring Magazine and WBO world cruiserweight title challenge against the undisputed king Oleksandr Usyk of Ukraine.
    [Click Here To Read More]

With Cardle just one notch away from winning the Lonsdale belt it would be a crime if the BBBofC didn't sanction a fight with Cordina fight for the vacant British title.

Comment

With Cardle just one notch away from winning the Lonsdale belt outright it would be a crime if the BBBofC didn't sanction a fight with Cordina fight for the vacant British title.

Comment

What does winning the British title outright or 'for keeps' mean? I understand you earn this after three successful defenses but never understood what it meant exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by Stevekrazy View Post
          What does winning the British title outright or 'for keeps' mean? I understand you earn this after three successful defenses but never understood what it meant exactly!
          It means you get to keep the belt and give it pride of place on your mantle piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
            With Cardle just one notch away from winning the Lonsdale belt it would be a crime if the BBBofC didn't sanction a fight with Cordina fight for the vacant British title.
            Very true, but it'll still be more heartbreak for him I reckon. Cordina is one of the slickest prospects I've seen; he's not got the animosity of Ritson, but he can make Cardle look like a has-been and stop him in middle to late rounds.

Comment

Just listening to interview, Hearn wouldn’t say who when pressed but two new DAZN signings confirmed who will be headlining their American November and December cards. The bigger signing on the December (which isn’t Ppv)?

So any thoughts? Must be a bigger signing but only a warm up or something on December? But a lesser fighter but a better matchup in November.

Comment

Good undercard, looking forward to these fights

Comment

Originally posted by Stevekrazy View Post
                  The belt costs over £4000 to make so giving one away like an alphabet bauble is not cost effective. This is what makes the Lord Lonsdale challenge belt so prestigious. The belt must be returned to the BBBofC after a couple of days & is then locked in the board of controls safe until a successful third defence is made, only then can the champion keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
                    Very true, but it'll still be more heartbreak for him I reckon. Cordina is one of the slickest prospects I've seen; he's not got the animosity of Ritson, but he can make Cardle look like a has-been and stop him in middle to late rounds.
                    Agreed, but don't forget that if successful then JC gets his first valuable notch on the belt.

Comment

Working...
                    X