Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Okolie Hopes To Move on To Next Level on Joshua Undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Okolie Hopes To Move on To Next Level on Joshua Undercard

Hackney-based Lawrence Okolie (9-0, 7 KOs) meets British cruiserweight champion Matty Askin at Wembley Stadium live on Sky Sports Box Office on Saturday night as part of the undercard of Anthony Joshua's heavyweight title defence against Alexander Povetkin, and the 25-year-old hopes to steal the show from his great friend and mentor by netting the Lonsdale title with an impressive performance.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Give credit to Okolie he ain't no cherry picker trying to pad his record with journeymen, I like his courage.

His size as a 6' 5" cruiserweight is a problem but I believe if you can take away his straight punches (not sure how to but elite boxers may have an idea) then I believe he will be beaten especially if you can get inside but easier said than done.

He could be a force at Cruiserweight I just have a feeling that his chin might not be world class (unproven as of yet) as I seen him get check hooked early in his career by a couple of journeymen and I feel someone with a bit of power may just stop him. Saying that he could have a chin of iron for all I know just the way he got caught has got me intrigued with how he copes with adversity in a fight.

Comment

I've lost a lot of respect for Okey, There was no reason to relinquish the Commonwealth title. Matt has noyhing to win here, just something to lose!

Comment

not with performances like what he just put in

Comment

thats your last exposure high up on a hearn undercard son, you stunk the place out.

Comment

Working...
          X