Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn Talks Mayweather-Pacquiao, Khan, Whyte, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eddie Hearn Talks Mayweather-Pacquiao, Khan, Whyte, More

Promoter Eddie Hearn is gearing up for another massive event at Wembley Stadium this weekend which sees Anthony Joshua defend his world heavyweight titles against Alexander Povetkin live on Sky Box Office. Boxing Scene caught up with Hearn today (Monday, September 17) to discuss what lies beyond that for some of his fighters and shows in the remaining months.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Turns my stomach hearing any kind of comparison between the Frampton Warrington and Chisora Whyte fights. Quality against pub fight.

Comment

Hearn is spot on here. I know a lot of fans are like "why are they showing fights on the same night" & some cats think all these mfers are gonna be around forever now, but there is a battle of boxing coming up & some mfers are gonna get KTFO.

Just sit back & watch all the boxing you can for the next couple years. DVR that sh^t & store it for a couple years from now when there could be another drought when some casualties are being listed from this HBO vs Showtime vs ESPN vs DAZN vs Fox & whoever else might join war that is only just starting it seems.

We can't say 'Oh we're not gonna go because there's a fight on that night'. We've got that problem every single Saturday. On October 27 HBO requested the Danny Jacobs fight. There's the World Boxing Super Series that night on DAZN with Prograis v Flanagan. On that same night I've got the Copper Box show. On November 17 we're due to do an event in America, we're waiting on Wilder-Fury because it was going to clash. We've been having to stand by and wait. October 20 with Saunders-Andrade, you've got Murata going on ESPN from Vegas. It's just how it is and it's going to get worse and worse and worse, and there's to many people to talk to. We're not going to sit down with Warren and start going through his schedule and ESPN aren't going to sit down with us and start going through our schedule because it's dog eat dog.

Comment

4 title fights on the Monte Carlo card? Interesting. Burns/Beltran is actually a rematch that makes sense at this stage, could be fun

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
          4 title fights on the Monte Carlo card? Interesting. Burns/Beltran is actually a rematch that makes sense at this stage, could be fun
          This could be where the Mthalane/Edwards fight ends up, if that's still a thing. Interesting he only says British in one of the fights, is it going to be a more international card than usual I wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            This could be where the Mthalane/Edwards fight ends up, if that's still a thing. Interesting he only says British in one of the fights, is it going to be a more international card than usual I wonder.
            Did you see that article the other day about Bivol trying to make a deal with Badou Jack, but that it looked unlikely and that they might fight Joe Smtih Jr next? I was wondering who might air that, seeing that HBO might be getting out of the LHW division and maybe even boxing altogether. Bivol/Smith would make sense for Hearn's NY card in December

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
              Turns my stomach hearing any kind of comparison between the Frampton Warrington and Chisora Whyte fights. Quality against pub fight.
              Yeah, I know I'll only be paying to see Framps vs Warry.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                Did you see that article the other day about Bivol trying to make a deal with Badou Jack, but that it looked unlikely and that they might fight Joe Smtih Jr next? I was wondering who might air that, seeing that HBO might be getting out of the LHW division and maybe even boxing altogether. Bivol/Smith would make sense for Hearn's NY card in December
                Yeah, it would make sense. Ive been speculating that Hearn and Ryabinsky may have some kind of relationship going on from Joshua/Povetkin, what one of his international show deals may be about.

Hearn and Ryabinsky put on 8 World of Boxing/Matchroom cards a year in Russia, streamed on DAZN. He becomes the exclusive promoter of World of Boxing fighters in the US. Gets a foothold in the Russia talent pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                  Yeah, it would make sense. Ive been speculating that Hearn and Ryabinsky may have some kind of relationship going on from Joshua/Povetkin, what one of his international show deals may be about.

Hearn and Ryabinsky put on 8 World of Boxing/Matchroom cards a year in Russia, streamed on DAZN. He becomes the exclusive promoter of World of Boxing fighters in the US. Gets a foothold in the Russia talent pool.
                  That'd be pretty cool actually, need to see more big time fights in Russia again. I think you might be onto something here

Comment

Looks like bluffing on Whyte chisora clash to me. Sounds like dec 15th will be more likely!

Comment

Working...
                    X