Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia vs. Porter Winner Has To Make "Two" Mandatory Defenses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Garcia vs. Porter Winner Has To Make "Two" Mandatory Defenses

The head of the World Boxing Council, Mauricio Sulaiman, said the winner of the upcoming fight between Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter will be obligated to make two mandatory defenses. Porter and Garcia will collide on Saturday night, for the vacant WBC welterweight title, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The winner wont be fighting Spence for a while then, which is what I have been telling people who seemed to think that fight was a given. Crawford and Spence really have got no other options but each other if they want it.

Comment

Man, Spence might move to 154 sooner than we think lol.

Comment

So Jessie Vargas and Thurman

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          The winner wont be fighting Spence for a while then, which is what I have been telling people who seemed to think that fight was a given. Crawford and Spence really have got no other options but each other if they want it.
          They make exceptions for unifications. Postol didn’t fight a mandatory after winning the vacant belt

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
            They make exceptions for unifications. Postol didn’t fight a mandatory after winning the vacant belt
            i will be very surprised if the winner fights spence next year. winner of this fight is gonna get some momentum and they arent gonna jump into a fight where they will be the underdog straight after. Plus this double mandatory is nice and convenient for them now. just stick spence and crawford in the ring together and be done with it, noones gonna be more interested in it 3 fights down the line because theyve both beat a few bums. im fine with marinating something if theres interesting fights in the meantime but theres not.

Comment

Spence and Crawford should duke it out then. The first card can be PPV featuring the mandatories either fighting each other or some other high profile fighters on the undercard. The second card can then be on free Showtime with the mandatory bout for the winner and a tune up for the loser. Then the rematch on PPV.

Comment

Unification will always ***** mandatories

Comment

Andre Berto and Keef I assume. Poor Spence might not get a unification match unless he fight Crawford. Hopefully Porter or Garcia will step up to the plate

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
                    Unification will always ***** mandatories
                    Not with the IBF. I am just speaking in general.

Comment

Working...
                    X