Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erkan Teper vs. Robert Helenius on September 29, Gerber is Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Erkan Teper vs. Robert Helenius on September 29, Gerber is Out

The heavyweight clash between Erkan Teper and Robert Helenius is back on, reports German website boxen1.com. The two were recently co-challengers for the EU title but no deal was made and then Teper signed for a fight against Edmund Gerber for September 29 in Stuttgart with the vacant IBF I/C title at stake.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Oh damn!!! Even better, let's get it. Pumped to see who comes out on top in this one. Pulling for the Nordic Nightmare. Don't see him stopping Teper though, so he'll have to fight this one like Wach did. Stay behind the jab and try to keep Teper at distance so he can't land those powerful hooks

Comment

What actually is the EBU-EU title?

Comment

Comment

Should be an easy fight for Teper.

Comment

The interim European title

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
            What actually is the EBU-EU title?
            It is the interim title and decides the mandatory challenger for the EBU title.

It's almost like being the "regular champion" and you can defend it and have mandatories whilst waiting to fight the EBU champ .

With the WBO European title and the IBF European title you could say there is 4 belts to be won on the European level though these belts just get you a top 15 ranking and don't have any mandatory challengers or Internal European rankings with eliminators to get a shot at the title whereas the EBU does have a degree of competition to it.

Winning a European title has been diluted a bit with this situation a bit. The WBC recognize the EBU champ and the WBA I'm not quite sure if they have a European title.

Anyway in an ideal world after I win a gold medal at the National University Tournament (BUCS) in February 2019, I will turn pro bang out 7 journeymen and fight Kevin Thomas Cojean for the vacant WBO European Light Heavyweight title.

So long as I win my university tournament and sell enough tickets as a pro over a few fights against journeymen to pay the sanctioning fees for my top 15 ranking paper European title.

LIFE GOALS NEXT 12 MONTHS LET'S GO !

Comment

Working...
            X