No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Raymundo Beltran vs. Jose Pedraza: Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Raymundo Beltran vs. Jose Pedraza: Afterthoughts

In July, two of the four major titles at lightweight were unified when Mikey Garcia dominated Robert Easter Jr. It looks like the other half of the division is about to be married. Just three fights after a battering loss to Gervonta Davis at 130 lbs., Jose Pedraza can call himself a two-division titlist with the biggest date of his career at hand.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Pedraza did well but needs to work harder to stay as a champion for the next 12 months.

Lightweight is full of lions.

Comment

I'm glad Pedraza dropped Beltran because I think he was about to be robbed! He was landing more than Beltran, but the ESPN crew kept saying Beltran was coming back, including Dan Rafael's scorecard! Pedraza outboxed and outworked Beltran, at least 8 rounds! I thought we were going to see Pacquiao vs. Horn all over again, but that knock down sealed the deal! BORIQUA! SALUTE!

Comment

Originally posted by sammybee View Post
        Pedraza did well but needs to work harder to stay as a champion for the next 12 months.

Lightweight is full of lions.
        His first defence will be against Lomachenko lol, he ain't going be champion for 12 months.

Comment

i see nothing in pedraza,, he did what hes supposed to do against and old guy with no defense and slow... lomachenko is faster and just better than both of these guys..one of these two had to win, and lomachenko gets an easy opponent

Comment

very soon Loma will become a unified champion at lightweight division.

Comment

"Arum said if Beltran, who earned a $200,000 purse to Pedraza's $125,000, wants to continue boxing, he will have a home with Top Rank."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...htweight-title

Comment

I don't know if Beltran wants to be a gatekeeper at this point. He's a solid, durable fighter but at 37 it's hard to see where he's going to go. Will he be satisfied to be a test for up and coming talent? I mean for his entire career he sought a world title and finally captured one. This loss is a setback but realistically if he wants to continue fighting it's going to be for one of two reasons: 1: Attempt to capture a world title again or 2: Make paychecks being a test for up and comers.

Comment

Working...
                X