Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beltran: I'd Like To Meet *****, Change His Opinion on Mexicans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Beltran: I'd Like To Meet *****, Change His Opinion on Mexicans

Nothing has come easy for Ray Beltran in his over 19 years as a prizefighter and in his personal life. In fact, what he does in and out of the ring very much mirrors one another. Beltran has faced the top fighters at 135 pounds over the last several years, most often in their hometowns or as an opponent. Meanwhile, Beltran and his management team have been working with immigration lawyers, filling out paperwork and documents to finalize becoming a U.S. citizen.
    [Click Here To Read More]

can someone explain why whenever Beltran fights there are always stories about him being able to live and work in the U.S.? It seems there are no issues? He lives in Phoenix, and I can't recall a time he was not able to fight because it was scheduled in the States?

Comment

“I actually would like to meet him and show him I represent all Mexicans well. I want to tell him Mexicans are good, hard-working people.”

He already knows Beltran. There are plenty of Mexicans on his payroll...landscaping, cleaning, cooking, painting, construction, housekeeping, laundry, plumbing-LOL!!!!

Comment

Mollie Tibbetts case exposes farms' worst-kept secret: hiring undocumented immigrants
        August 24, 2018:

Dane Lang, a co-owner of Yarrabee Farms outside of Brooklyn, Iowa, stood outside his family farm this week and lamented that he had employed the undocumented immigrant charged in the murder of 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts.

Then he was asked if any other non-U.S. citizens were among the 10 employees on the dairy farm.

"I don't think I can comment to that," Lang said.

That vague answer highlights the worst-kept secret in the agriculture business: roughly half of the nation's 1.4 million field workers (47 percent, or 685,000 workers) are undocumented immigrants. And that estimate, from the Labor Department, is a conservative one with labor experts citing far higher percentages...

Farmers across the country saw exactly what would happen if the government took an enforcement-only approach after Arizona passed an anti-immigration bill in 2010, leading a half-dozen states to follow suit. The laws, which included the requirement that all businesses use the E-Verify system, sent undocumented immigrants out of those states in droves.

Alabama's immigration law pushed up to 80,000 workers out of the state, according to a study conducted by the University of Alabama.

Georgia's immigration law led to more than $140 million in unharvested crops in 2011 because so many workers fled the state, according to a report commissioned by the Georgia Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association.

The fleeing workers in Arizona resulted in an average 2 percent drop in the state's gross domestic product every year through 2015, according to an analysis conducted by The Wall Street Journal.

Finding American workers to make up for the shortfall was just as difficult. In Georgia, Gov. ********** Nathan Deal turned to people on probation in 2011, but most walked off the jobs almost immediately.

That same year in North Carolina, as 489,000 people were unemployed statewide, the North Carolina Growers Association listed 6,500 available jobs, but just 268 North Carolinians applied, 163 showed up for work, and only seven finished the season, according to a study by the Partnership for a New American Economy.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/1075320002/

America wake up! You can't keep biting the hand that literally feeds you!

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
          “I actually would like to meet him and show him I represent all Mexicans well. I want to tell him Mexicans are good, hard-working people.”

He already knows Beltran. There are plenty of Mexicans on his payroll...landscaping, cleaning, cooking, painting, construction, housekeeping, laundry, plumbing-LOL!!!!
          So IOW, you're a crass xenophobic idiot just like *****.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
            Not long ago ***** said he was thinking “very seriously” about pardoning Ali as well as other “folks that have some sentences that aren’t fair.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Mollie Tibbetts case exposes farms' worst-kept secret: hiring undocumented immigrants
              August 24, 2018:
              Dane Lang, a co-owner of Yarrabee Farms outside of Brooklyn, Iowa, stood outside his family farm this week and lamented that he had employed the undocumented immigrant charged in the murder of 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts.
              Then he was asked if any other non-U.S. citizens were among the 10 employees on the dairy farm.
              "I don't think I can comment to that," Lang said.
              That vague answer highlights the worst-kept secret in the agriculture business: roughly half of the nation's 1.4 million field workers (47 percent, or 685,000 workers) are undocumented immigrants. And that estimate, from the Labor Department, is a conservative one with labor experts citing far higher percentages...
              Farmers across the country saw exactly what would happen if the government took an enforcement-only approach after Arizona passed an anti-immigration bill in 2010, leading a half-dozen states to follow suit. The laws, which included the requirement that all businesses use the E-Verify system, sent undocumented immigrants out of those states in droves.
              Alabama's immigration law pushed up to 80,000 workers out of the state, according to a study conducted by the University of Alabama.
              Georgia's immigration law led to more than $140 million in unharvested crops in 2011 because so many workers fled the state, according to a report commissioned by the Georgia Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association.
              The fleeing workers in Arizona resulted in an average 2 percent drop in the state's gross domestic product every year through 2015, according to an analysis conducted by The Wall Street Journal.
              Finding American workers to make up for the shortfall was just as difficult. In Georgia, Gov. ********** Nathan Deal turned to people on probation in 2011, but most walked off the jobs almost immediately.
              That same year in North Carolina, as 489,000 people were unemployed statewide, the North Carolina Growers Association listed 6,500 available jobs, but just 268 North Carolinians applied, 163 showed up for work, and only seven finished the season, according to a study by the Partnership for a New American Economy.
              https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/1075320002/
              America wake up! You can't keep biting the hand that literally feeds you!
              ***** and his *****aholics are such anti-immigrant xenophobes they'll never even admit the current broken system is responsible for causing bunches of farmers to go bankrupt or nearly so. They'll never admit it's a problem that Murcan teenage guys will NOT do that backbreaking work in 100 degrees + heat. ***** goes off on the Molly Tibbetts episode just to push his wacko xenophobic agenda. Yet never will acknowledge when the white guy kills his family.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...20-story.html#

If your agenda is hating ALL immigrants, which ***** and his *****aholics do, don't look for any respect from normal sane thinkers. Beltran is like most Mexicans... worked his butt off for years trying to do a good job and improve his and his family's life. He and all those like him have my respect 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by mapleleaf27 View Post
                can someone explain why whenever Beltran fights there are always stories about him being able to live and work in the U.S.? It seems there are no issues? He lives in Phoenix, and I can't recall a time he was not able to fight because it was scheduled in the States?
                It's due to the type of visa he's trying to get.

Comment

Thank You!!!

Comment

***** and his *****aholics are such anti-immigrant xenophobes they'll never even admit the current broken system is responsible for causing bunches of farmers to go bankrupt or nearly so. They'll never admit it's a problem that Murcan teenage guys will NOT do that backbreaking work in 100 degrees + heat. ***** goes off on the Molly Tibbetts episode just to push his wacko xenophobic agenda. Yet never will acknowledge when the white guy kills his family.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...20-story.html#

If your agenda is hating ALL immigrants, which ***** and his *****aholics do, don't look for any respect from normal sane thinkers. Beltran is like most Mexicans... worked his butt off for years trying to do a good job and improve his and his family's life. He and all those like him have my respect 100%.

This is a BOXING FORUM idiot; not a political arena! And I LOVE Mexicans. I’m leaving a nice tip to my landscaper today

Comment

Working...
                    X