Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Advisor Told Sergio Martinez To Shelve Any Comeback Plans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Advisor Told Sergio Martinez To Shelve Any Comeback Plans

No one should really be surprised, should they, that former two division world champion Sergio Martinez has been working out, whittling down, getting into fighting trim, at age 43, four years after his last fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I 2nd that but if he needs the ca$h a mans gotta do what hes gotta due.

Comment

Sergio waiting to see how Chavez Jr. Looks in his upcoming fight

Comment

Martinez was done even before he fought Cotton, he sure won't be better at 43yrs old and four years out . . .

Comment

Boxers like Sergio who rely heavily on their reflexes don't tend to do well as they age. The only fighters who typically can have that kind of longevity are fighters who have solid fundamentals like a Floyd or Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
            Martinez was done even before he fought Cotton, he sure won't be better at 43yrs old and four years out . . .
            Pretty much. I don’t even know why there’s talk of a comeback. May as well bring Oscar back.

Comment

Fundamental my azz
              The guy has not fought in 4 fughin years
              Don’t care what anybody says , but ring rust and the fact that he has not been in the ring competively will take probably about another two years before he would get to his absolute best for the time being
              If he would go up against any of the top fighters it would a total fughin mockery , no chance whatsoever
              Just reality ( and don’t give me that chit and compare him to another fighter because maybe one out of ten can take that challenge and be good )
              So........

Comment

Just be a commentator Sergio

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                  Maravilla with two healthy knees makes Cotto quit inside 11 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                    Maravilla with two healthy knees makes Cotto quit inside 11 rounds.
                    Realest post in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                    X