Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Promoter Says Usyk Needed Masterpiece Win Against Gassiev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Promoter Says Usyk Needed Masterpiece Win Against Gassiev

Oleksandr Usyk's big victory over Murat Gassiev may have seemed pretty one-sided but was far from an easy win for the Ukrainian pugilist. General Director of K2 Promotions Ukraine, Alexander A. Krassyuk believes it took all the skills, talent, and constant focus of his protg to secure the big win, one that netted Usyk the undisputed world champion status at cruiserweight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It would be pretty cool if AJ unified and became undisputed before meeting with Usyk, to have two undisputed champs battle it out.

Comment

Bellew fight @ Cruiserweight is useless! Step up! Call out Luis Ortiz! Call out Joseph Parker! Make a statement to Whyte, Fury, Wilder, and Joshua! Let 'em know you mean business!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Bellew fight @ Cruiserweight is useless! Step up! Call out Luis Ortiz! Call out Joseph Parker! Make a statement to Whyte, Fury, Wilder, and Joshua! Let 'em know you mean business!
        A Bellew fight pays more than Ortiz or Parker so it's not entirely useless. He's also not some old guy looking to cash in. He's a fresh 31 year old with 15 fights.

Being that he's a WBO champion too the moment he decides to move up he immediately becomes the mandatory at Heavyweight so he will find it relatively easy getting a shot at the title.

He'd be a fool to turn down an easy payday against Bellew.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          A Bellew fight pays more than Ortiz or Parker so it's not entirely useless. He's also not some old guy looking to cash in. He's a fresh 31 year old with 15 fights.

Being that he's a WBO champion too the moment he decides to move up he immediately becomes the mandatory at Heavyweight so he will find it relatively easy getting a shot at the title.

Agree 100% that would b perfect

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post

Money talks! I get it! However, I'm not sure that fighting Bellew in the UK makes much more than fighting Parker in Australia! How about fighting Joe Joyce in the UK? Would that sell?

August 1, 2018:

Heavyweight hopeful Joe Joyce, who claimed the 2016 super heavyweight Olympic silver medal for Great Britain, has made the move to train in the United States under the tutelage of star trainer Abel Sanchez.

"The Juggernaut" Joyce (5-0, 5 KOs), who had been training under Ismael Salas, is 32, so he is on the fast track and hoping Sanchez's offensive-minded coaching style will help him move quickly...

The 6-foot-6, 250-pound Joyce, who lost a controversial decision in the gold medal match at the Olympics to France's Tony Yoka, will have his first bout under Sanchez in September.

Ringstar Sports promoter Richard Schaefer, who co-promotes Joyce with David Haye's Hayemaker Promotions, said there is a chance that Joyce will fight Sept. 22 at Wembley Stadium in London on the undercard of unified heavyweight titlist Anthony Joshua's defense against Alexander Povetkin.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...nchez-train-us

Perfect time and place to make a statement!
            Last edited by Bronx2245; 08-10-2018, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Money talks! I get it! However, I'm not sure that fighting Bellew in the UK makes much more than fighting Parker in Australia! How about fighting Joe Joyce in the UK? Would that sell?
              Parker is from New Zealand so I doubt it’s that big a deal in Australia where the boxing scene is very low budget.

Joyce wouldn’t sell that much. Bellew has a big regional fan base and is well known and he can sell a fight. Joyce is still a prospect (who Usyk schooled in the WBS). Bellew’s profile no doubt is raised due to the Haye events.

Comment

Even Joe Joyce put up a far better fight against Usyk in the WSB. Gassiev was a huge let down, or maybe he is just a one dimensional plodder with a good punch.

Comment

August 1, 2018:

Heavyweight hopeful Joe Joyce, who claimed the 2016 super heavyweight Olympic silver medal for Great Britain, has made the move to train in the United States under the tutelage of star trainer Abel Sanchez.

"The Juggernaut" Joyce (5-0, 5 KOs), who had been training under Ismael Salas, is 32, so he is on the fast track and hoping Sanchez's offensive-minded coaching style will help him move quickly...

The 6-foot-6, 250-pound Joyce, who lost a controversial decision in the gold medal match at the Olympics to France's Tony Yoka, will have his first bout under Sanchez in September.

Ringstar Sports promoter Richard Schaefer, who co-promotes Joyce with David Haye's Hayemaker Promotions, said there is a chance that Joyce will fight Sept. 22 at Wembley Stadium in London on the undercard of unified heavyweight titlist Anthony Joshua's defense against Alexander Povetkin.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...nchez-train-us

Perfect time and place to make a statement!
                  Parker isn't from Australia so fail. Also Joyce isn't nearly as big as Bellew so fail again. You talking some nonsense buddy.

Comment

i call it a no contest a draw at best usyk did absolutely nothing to hurt gassiev in any way in a fight to the FINISH usyk gets KO'ed

Comment

Working...
                    X