No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trying to Arrive at a Light Heavyweight Destination

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Trying to Arrive at a Light Heavyweight Destination

By Cliff Rold - The stars of the show are pretty clear. That doesn't make the winners certain. This week has been as much about outside the ring wheeling and dealing as it has been the in-ring product. ESPN has expanded their investment in the sport via the partnership with Top Rank and Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury may be coming together amidst other promising rumors and...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    By Cliff Rold - The stars of the show are pretty clear. That doesn't make the winners certain. This week has been as much about outside the ring wheeling and dealing as it has been the in-ring product. ESPN has expanded their investment in the sport via the partnership with Top Rank and Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury may be coming together amidst other promising rumors and...
    [Click Here To Read More]

WAR Kovalev !!

Comment

Kova v Bivol is great but LHW WBSS with them in it is much better.

Comment

By destination I assume Cliff means 'Unification'. I think everyone will agree that Adonis 'Superman' Stevenson's career is more exciting and has more attention right now : Stevenson has faced a prime Badou Jack in defense of his LINEAL crown and true title of the LHW division ( WBC ), next up is another top five contender, the man Eleider Alvarez ducked Oleksandr Gvozdyk.

With that said, The 'UNIFICATION' between Sergay Kovalev who beat Sharbumsky for the belt that was vacated by Andre Ward ( WBO ) and Dimirty Bivol who beat another bum ( Trent Broadhurst ) for the WBA ( another S.O.G belt ) is overrated in my opinion and whats worse is that this unification will create another WBA 'Super-Champion' and of course a mini champion they call 'Regular'.

I dont know about you guys but boxing don't need fake build-ups, fake champions, fake 'regular' world titles : this is HBO and Mainevents doing. I'm glad Andre Ward left and went over to ESPN, HBO is crap!

Comment

I'm excited to see kovalev back in action. Im a fan of him and as an American I'm a big fan of Ward. I think kovalev got robbed but love his new approach. He's a warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            By destination I assume Cliff means 'Unification'. I think everyone will agree that Adonis 'Superman' Stevenson's career is more exciting and has more attention right now : Stevenson has faced a prime Badou Jack in defense of his LINEAL crown and true title of the LHW division ( WBC ), next up is another top five contender, the man Eleider Alvarez ducked Oleksandr Gvozdyk.

With that said, The 'UNIFICATION' between Sergay Kovalev who beat Sharbumsky for the belt that was vacated by Andre Ward ( WBO ) and Dimirty Bivol who beat another bum ( Trent Broadhurst ) for the WBA ( another S.O.G belt ) is overrated in my opinion and whats worse is that this unification will create another WBA 'Super-Champion' and of course a mini champion they call 'Regular'.

I dont know about you guys but boxing don't need fake build-ups, fake champions, fake 'regular' world titles : this is HBO and Mainevents doing. I'm glad Andre Ward left and went over to ESPN, HBO is crap!

Of course his "career" is more exciting... beating up women and having as big a criminal record as Stevenson had to be "exciting."

As far as boxing, GTFO.... Stevenson's record is nearly as bad as Wilder in terms of quality of competition.

If you take your beer goggles off and look at it logically, you would see it.

Comment

no we can not all agree on that because...

Stevenson-Jack peaks at 611,000 viewers on Showtime
              Kovalev-Mikhalkin Watched by Peak Audience of 674,000 on HBO

badou jack had one fight at 175 and was ranked #8 when he fought stevenson to a draw. you said another top 5 but jack was not top 5 and is now only in the top 5 based on his success and result against stevenson. how can you use a draw against the 8th ranked guy as a positive for stevenson... its the equivalent of tommy karpency beating stevenson and then saying stevenson took on a top fighter! look at what karpency is ranked now!

kovalev is fighting alvarez who stevenson ducked for years and is actually in the top 5 now. if stevenson fights gvodzk and wins then great but it hasn't happened yet. stevenson hasn't fought a top 5 guy for about 6 years and that was tavoris cloud who in reality should not have been ranked #5 since he should have been coming off 2 losses: Cloud vs Campillo Results: Gabriel Campillo Robbed Again

you talk about fake champions but its going to take stevenson more than 6 years to fight someone in the top 5(gvozdk is top 5 in some ratings and not others) really? its not like he hasn't had his chances either.
              Last edited by daggum; 08-04-2018, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MaksBox View Post
                Of course his "career" is more exciting... beating up women and having as big a criminal record as Stevenson had to be "exciting."

As far as boxing, GTFO.... Stevenson's record is nearly as bad as Wilder in terms of quality of competition.

If you take your beer goggles off and look at it logically, you would see it.
                Adonis 'Superman' Stevenson has the better resume, FACTS.

Tony Bellew ( WBC cruiserweight champion ), Tavoris Cloud ( IBF LHW champion ) , Chad Dawson ( WBC LHW Lineal champion ) , Darnell Boone, Andrzej Fonfara, Sakio Bika ( WBC Middle-Weight Champion ), Thomas Williams Jr , Badou Jack ( WBC Middleweight champion -- Robbery! ).

Compare that to Kovalev's record: Darnell Boone, Gabriel Campillo, euro-bum Nathan Cleverly, a 50 year Bernard Hopkins, scared of Adonis Jean Pascal , Vyacheslav Shabranskyy, PATHETIC!!!

Comment

Adonis 'Superman' Stevenson has the better resume, FACTS.

Tony Bellew ( WBC cruiserweight champion ), Tavoris Cloud ( IBF LHW champion ) , Chad Dawson ( WBC LHW Lineal champion ) , Darnell Boone, Andrzej Fonfara, Sakio Bika ( WBC Middle-Weight Champion ), Thomas Williams Jr , Badou Jack ( WBC Middleweight champion -- Robbery! ).

Compare that to Kovalev's record: Darnell Boone, Gabriel Campillo, euro-bum Nathan Cleverly, a 50 year Bernard Hopkins, scared of Adonis Jean Pascal , Vyacheslav Shabranskyy, PATHETIC!!!
                  that's actually opinion though. kovalev has fought more top 10 guys. more top 5 guys. more top 3 guys. more guys ranked #1. those are facts if you look at the ring ratings for example. but those ratings are opinion of course. maybe you think thomas williams jr 168 pound bika and karpency should have been ranked at the top of 175. that would be your opinion. this is why its great to have opinions. some make sense and some don't.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    no we can not all agree on that because...

Stevenson-Jack peaks at 611,000 viewers on Showtime
                    Kovalev-Mikhalkin Watched by Peak Audience of 674,000 on HBO
                    HBO has over a million more subscribers, credit to Adonis 'Superman' for virtually pulling in the same viewership on the much smaller network!

badou jack had one fight at 175 and was ranked #8 when he fought stevenson to a draw. you said another top 5 but jack was not top 5 and is now only in the top 5 based on his success and result against stevenson. how can you use a draw against the 8th ranked guy as a positive for stevenson... its the equivalent of tommy karpency beating stevenson and then saying stevenson took on a top fighter! look at what karpency is ranked now!
                    You sound like a casual underestimating Badou Jack, at the same time recognize that he was top ten! Then you say but Stevenson validates him as top five now?! You are joker! Also Jack beat Nathan Cleverly for the 'Regular' WBA LHW title ; I think its fair to say given both mens accomplishment Jack's place at LHW is top five.

kovalev is fighting alvarez who stevenson ducked for years and is actually in the top 5 now. if stevenson fights gvodzk and wins then great but it hasn't happened yet. stevenson hasn't fought a top 5 guy for about 6 years and that was tavoris cloud who in reality should not have been ranked #5 since he should have been coming off 2 losses: Cloud vs Campillo Results: Gabriel Campillo Robbed Again
                    Eleider Alvarez never called for a purse-bid while he was the mandatory challenger, instead Alvarez voluntarily stepped-aside for big purses vs. Canadians : Bute and Pascal and risked his mandatory spot in the process . Adonis had never ran from anyone, he stood his ground like a champion ; the fight was there for Alvarez, just like it was there for Kovalev who was also mandatory but the chicken and his handler Kathy Duva ran when Stevenson called their bluff on the purse-bid, hehe!

you talk about fake champions but its going to take Stevenson more than 6 years to fight someone in the top 5(gvozdk is top 5 in some ratings and not others) really? its not like he hasn't had his chances either.
                    Adonis 'Superman' Stevenson is fighting his second top five opponent back to back, the 'Nail' Oleksandr Gvozdyk, who had Eleider SHOOK! when the WBC called for a final eliminator for Stevenson's title, Eleider lucked up that the American top contender 'Sir' Marcus Browne has minor legal matters to attend to and couldnt whoop Kovalev just yet.

'SUPERMAN' STEVENSON IS THA CHAMP!

P.S these rookies better not think I'm reply to them the same way with this long as reply, You are alright.

Comment

Working...
                    X