Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia-Easter Showtime's Tripleheader Peaked at 725K Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Garcia-Easter Showtime's Tripleheader Peaked at 725K Viewers

Mikey Garcia hasn’t just made strides as a ticket-seller. More viewers also tuned in to Garcia’s fight Saturday night than for his previous performance. Ratings released Tuesday by Nielsen Media Research indicated Garcia’s victory over Robert Easter Jr. attracted a peak audience of 725,000 for Showtime on Saturday night.

[Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 07-31-2018, 10:45 AM.

lol terrible numbers. mikey is NOT a star! showtime is in the gutter ratings wise.

Comment

SHO needs to figure out how to calculate the number of viewers that watch on the app and other social media forms. Seems like Mikey should be pulling in more people.

I was satisfied with the card.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
        lol terrible numbers. mikey is NOT a star! showtime is in the gutter ratings wise.
        Why is it fans tend to gloat and be happy when a card doesn't draw large viewings?

You don't want to see the sport succeed? The more fights fail the less the budget becomes, the less the fighters fight, the less good fights happen etc;

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
          No, that's a good number. Basically what Spence did in his last two fights. They are equal level stars at the moment. Below Wilder/Broner, but next up from the PBC/SHO stable. Granted, Thurman hasn't fought on SHO in a while so who knows what kind of numbers he will be doing.

This would be the equivalent of peaking around 950k if the fight was on HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            SHO needs to figure out how to calculate the number of viewers that watch on the app and other social media forms. Seems like Mikey should be pulling in more people.

I was satisfied with the card.
            For sure. Not quite sure how they would be able to get those numbers to be honest. Because the way ratings work is they just go off those that have nielsen boxes at their houses. So if you and I don't have nielsen boxes, then we won't be counted anyways.

Comment

Until they take into account people watching on the app, the number will continue to be low. I know I watched it in the app.

Comment

Solid numbers but...

It's time that people start to realize that a sizable portion of Showtime's viewers are coming from the app these days.

I watched it on my phone, while my girl watched some lifetime movie lol

My brother watched it on his phone at a bar.

My buddy watched it on his phone while at work.

We're in different times now people lol not sure if my experience with my buddies is similar to others, but I'm assuming for the 35 and under crowd, it is.

Comment

Mikey isn't a draw. When you only fight B and C level guys, no one will become a fan. He needs Lomachenko badly, not Spence.

Comment

Mikey is seriously too ugly to be a star. No ****. But it’s just facts. Draws need to look their part

Comment

Working...
                    X