Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hekkie Budler Drops IBF Title Due To Low Purse For Mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hekkie Budler Drops IBF Title Due To Low Purse For Mandatory

Last month, the International Boxing Federation (IBF) ordered their junior flyweight world champion, Hekkie Budler, to make a mandatory defense against Felix Alvarado. There was a purse bid held earlier this month with only one bidder in the race, Sampson Boxing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Then i guess its going to be between felix alvarado and randy petalcorin

Comment

Alvarado is very dangerous and not worth fighting for a little money. By the way, Ancajas is now earning more than $100k after being paid $3k versus Arroyo's Superfly title.

Comment

Originally posted by Letmaku View Post
        Alvarado is very dangerous and not worth fighting for a little money. By the way, Ancajas is now earning more than $100k after being paid $3k versus Arroyo's Superfly title.
        Yeah, but Pacquiao paid Ancajas a bonus on top of his purse. To me, that's just a way to cut the former champ out of his share. Ancajas got a bonus and Arroyo got the bum rush.

Comment

Oh snap, what a coincidence ; just when Hiroto Kyoguchi decides to vacate his IBF strawweight title moving up to Jr. Flyweight....what does this mean?! haha....

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            Oh snap, what a coincidence ; just when Hiroto Kyoguchi decides to vacate his IBF strawweight title moving up to Jr. Flyweight....what does this mean?! haha....
            Too bad for kyoguchi he should have vacated earlier as the ibf already ordered alvarado-petalcorin.

Comment

I think it is about time the governing bodies introduce minimum purse for all World championship fights. For example, 1M purse cut the 50% uncle Sam $$$, you are left with 500k. For the sake of argument, promoter and managerīs fee at 30%. 150K is off your 500, you are left with 350. When you pay your coach, nutritionist, sparring partners, gym facilities, sanctioning fees including other costs. You are lucky if you still have 200K left. I ain't mad at him for wanting more money. The fight can still take place if they ante up their offer. Greatest good for the greatest number.

Comment

Budler ducked Alvarado...he knows Felix aint no joke

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                  Budler ducked Alvarado...he knows Felix aint no joke
                  Call it what you want, that purse is pathetic. Especially if Felix is "no joke". I honestly dont care what guys get paid, unless its unreasonably low.

Comment

Could be an opening for Andrew Selby here!

Comment

Working...
                    X