No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk-Murat Gassiev: Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oleksandr Usyk-Murat Gassiev: Afterthoughts

If one tuned in to see a two-way battle, it turned out those thrills had already happened in the semi-finals. Instead, last Saturday in Moscow, boxing got a master class. As the first World Boxing Super Series came to a close, there was no debate about scores, no endless debate about a round here or there.
    [Click Here To Read More]

if this had been a fight to the finish gassiev would eventually have worn down usyk and KO'd him usyk has virtually no power he hit gassiev with everything he had gassiev never even blinked

Comment

"It was the sort of technical mastery of a proven opponent that we only see every so often, his equivalent of Floyd Mayweather-Diego Corrales"

I think that this comparison is too harsh. Gassiev deserved better treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
        if this had been a fight to the finish gassiev would eventually have worn down usyk and KO'd him usyk has virtually no power he hit gassiev with everything he had gassiev never even blinked
        Whatever helps you sleep at night...

The **** people come up with...........

If this had been a 15rd Usyk woulda KOd a spent fighter...

Have you been in the ring? Have you spared past 3 rounds?

When a fighter is spent, it doesn't take munch to put them down, much less to get a TKO.

Gassiev never wins that fight.

And keep knocking Usyk's power......the man is just going to keep on stacking the wins.

Comment

"At 6’3, not having to make 200 lbs. anymore, he would be a lighter heavyweight but a natural one by almost any era’s standard. The footwork, boxing ability, and ring IQ Usyk displayed against Gassiev would serve him well. Could he outbox Deontay Wilder and avoid the explosive power puncher’s best shots? Could he maneuver around the much larger but also more flat-footed Anthony Joshua? Maybe he could. Maybe not. Let’s find out.

That's what I'm talking about! MAN UP, MOVE UP! At 6'3" it's probably harder to stay below 200lbs., than it is to fight guys above 200lbs.!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post

That's what I'm talking about! MAN UP, MOVE UP! At 6'3" it's probably harder to stay below 200lbs., than it is to fight guys above 200lbs.!
            He walks at 220, still in shape, he doesn't balloon at all. If he's anything like Wlad (I know he isn't) he will actually put muscle on in camp. So I can see him staying at 220 or 225.

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
              Whatever helps you sleep at night...

The **** people come up with...........

If this had been a 15rd Usyk woulda KOd a spent fighter...

Have you been in the ring? Have you spared past 3 rounds?

When a fighter is spent, it doesn't take munch to put them down, much less to get a TKO.

Gassiev never wins that fight.

And keep knocking Usyk's power......the man is just going to keep on stacking the wins.
              Yeah, I sparred a “slap” boxer & it might not look painful, but Usyk weighed 200+. Those shots were hard enough to make Gassiev think about throwing. Usyk could have fought 20 rounds. If it was 15 rounds, Usyk would have preserved his power & still won a decision

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                "At 6’3, not having to make 200 lbs. anymore, he would be a lighter heavyweight but a natural one by almost any era’s standard. The footwork, boxing ability, and ring IQ Usyk displayed against Gassiev would serve him well. Could he outbox Deontay Wilder and avoid the explosive power puncher’s best shots? Could he maneuver around the much larger but also more flat-footed Anthony Joshua? Maybe he could. Maybe not. Let’s find out.

Tell that GGG ! MAN UP ! MOVE UP TO 168. Why GGG is scared to move up like Loma & Usyk are doing it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
                  He walks at 220, still in shape, he doesn't balloon at all. If he's anything like Wlad (I know he isn't) he will actually put muscle on in camp. So I can see him staying at 220 or 225.
                  Usyk will weigh 215-220 on fight night. Not more ! Btw he walks at 212 when not in training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
                    Usyk will weigh 215-220 on fight night. Not more ! Btw he walks at 212 when not in training camp.
                    I got the 220 from his instagram or Twitter before he started the Breidis camp I think ..it was a picture of him on the scale showing 100kg

Comment

Working...
                    X