Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Atlas: Pacquiao Beat a Heavy Bag; Diminished Matthysse Quit!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Atlas: Pacquiao Beat a Heavy Bag; Diminished Matthysse Quit!

Teddy Atlas afforded Manny Pacquiao as much credit as the ESPN analyst felt was reasonable. Atlas admitted during a "SportsCenter" appearance after Pacquiao stopped Lucas Matthysse that Pacquiao's performance was impressive. Atlas also pointed out that he thinks having a faded fighter in front of him helped Pacquiao produce his first knockout in nearly nine years.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Teddy Atlas has his points but still congrats to MP for doing what he was supposed to do.

Comment

Atlas might be right but Pac is still a top 5 WW, regardless of his points. Might not beat Spence etc, but hes a live dog vs any of them, even at 39. I think that says more about the division than it does Pac!

Comment

Pac has entertained us for many years, so I just hope he retires before boxing retires him.

Comment

Manny should stay away from spence , Crawford and maybe even Thurman. But I wouldn't mind seeing pac against broner or khan. If his team is smart they should go after Danny Garcia who throws wide punches. Winnable fight right there.

Comment

Man **** Atlas. Pac won and that's all that counts. He fights on.

Comment

I think that he fights Khan or Horn. Bud is a possibility also.

Comment

True story.

Comment

A lot of people feel this way, it was too easy. A case of a,rich man having more left when he goes broke, than a poor man has who just got rich. Mathysse was less than great gone bad.

Comment

Fair points by Teddy. It really did look all too easy. Matthysse offered very little resistance.

Pacquiao needs to be very selective with who he gets in the ring with at this stage of his career. I would stay away from killers if I were him (aka Spence).

Comment

Working...
                    X