Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Slams O'Connor's Trainers: They Almost Killed This Kid!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Slams O'Connor's Trainers: They Almost Killed This Kid!

So in the wake of his first scheduled title defense not taking place this past weekend, when will Jose Ramirez defend his WBC 140-pound title? "We're trying to reschedule his fight for September 14th but not in Las Vegas particularly," said his promoter, Bob Arum of Top Rank, to BoxingScene.com.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Holy shít look at him!!!

Comment

Arum sounds very reasonable here but if they really had come to him with their fighter 1-1/2 pounds overweight, I wonder how reasonable he would have been then.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
        Arum sounds very reasonable here but if they really had come to him with their fighter 1-1/2 pounds overweight, I wonder how reasonable he would have been then.
        Yes Arum would have undoubtedly tried to have his cake and eat it too by giving it to o'connor in the bum with a heavy fine. He'd have behaved in an uncouth manner.

Comment

Arum said the kid almost died & hes very concerned about his health but we are trying to reschedule for September... smh!

Comment

"They fine him a little bit, he can't win the title - but the fight goes on," said Arum..."

And he wonders why their team didn't come to them with the weight issue...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              Arum said the kid almost died & hes very concerned about his health but we are trying to reschedule for September... smh!
              Arum is trash. I hope O'Connor has a good recovery

Comment

Bob is mad he is losing money on the event

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  "Let's assume they figured the day before he was a pound-and-a-half over, OK. So they go to the commission and they go to us and say,'Look, he's a pound-and-half over, he can't take any more weight off.' So they fine him a little bit, he can't win the title - but the fight goes on," said Arum,

Arum is likely correct

the health of the fighter must come first

the problem is this.....

if that happened..... Bob Arum would be incensed, and he would be crying the loudest..... oh, and he would still be calling O'Connors people incompetent idiots

his people likely realized the magnitude of the event, but did not realize how far he was stretched to the point of being compromised

not 100% sure..... but Arum is likely correct

Comment

exactly !

Comment

Working...
                    X