Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fearless Josh Taylor Aiming To Emulate Joe Calzaghe Success

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fearless Josh Taylor Aiming To Emulate Joe Calzaghe Success

By Tris Dixon - IT is hard to sound level-headed while having the ambition to match Hall of Famers, but Scotland's classy Josh Taylor somehow manages it. The southpaw super-welterweight, who won a fan-friendly battle with the world class Viktor Postol a couple of weeks ago, has thrown his name in the hat of the World Boxing Super Series ring and hopes a successful tournament will lead him to Joe Calzaghe-like achievements...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why not? Good for Josh. Too bad Broner isn't in it. Huge amounts of people want to see Broner throttled. The idea of such a fight makes me smile.

Comment

I know Joe Calzaghe. And Mr., you're no Joe Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigar View Post
        I know Joe Calzaghe. And Mr., you're no Joe Calzaghe.
        thats true. if he was trying to be like calzaghe he would win a vacant belt and fight bums for 10 years until the right time and opponents presented themselves. entering a tournament with a bunch of prime opponents? not calzaghe like

Comment

Wait 10,000 years fighting domestic. Level euros and beating Past it versions of Crawford and Spence?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            thats true. if he was trying to be like calzaghe he would win a vacant belt and fight bums for 10 years until the right time and opponents presented themselves. entering a tournament with a bunch of prime opponents? not calzaghe like

Comment

its good to have aspirations but youll never be as good as joe was, son.

Comment

he needs to fight for a vacant unrecognised title like IBO/WBF that nobody wants, win that against someone half washed-up, then defend for 10 years against mainly bums.

then win a real title a couple of times, then quit fast before you have to defend it.

Then move up and barely beat faded 40 year old Cotto and the ghost of Sugar Shane Mosely. That would be about joe calzaghe.

Sadly Josh has blown it from the start, winning a fully recognized title already.
                Last edited by DreamFighter; 07-08-2018, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Mericans still butt hurt about Calzaghe destroying Lacy.

Comment

Originally posted by mmamachine View Post
                    Mericans still butt hurt about Calzaghe destroying Lacy.
                    Why would anybody care about that fight? Lacy wasn't some great US champion. I always see brits post about Lacy and it's a little weird lol

If that's his claim to fame, then that's not saying much. I'd much rather point to the Hopkins win. At least there was a fighter left in B-hop when Joe beat him.

Lacy isn't some win to hang your hat on imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X