Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Despite Talk, Ramirez Not Seeking Toughest Tests at 140 Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Despite Talk, Ramirez Not Seeking Toughest Tests at 140 Pounds

By Keith Idec - Deep down, the fighter in Jose Ramirez must've meant what he said. It's just hard to take these statements seriously from someone who's listed as a 100-1 favorite by numerous Internet sports books entering his first title defense Saturday night. "I'm ready to fight the best champions," Ramirez said following a workout Wednesday...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ramirez should just fight Dulorme, Postol, and Indongo. That will prove he is top 3 p4p.

Odd how unproven fighters like Ramirez get called out for this, but when Bummed was doing the same thing, it was, oh my gosh, he is p4p champ! Yes Ramirez isn't fighting any top opponent, but neither is Bummed, and no articles pointing that out.

Comment

Ramirez aint avoiding **** Keith Idec. He just came off a tough title winning fight. We live in an era where champions fight once a year and if they dont fight within a year they need 1 or 2 tune ups b4 they fight some1 of note. Ramirez earned a voluntary and as long as he stays active (3-4 fights a year) hes gonna go further financially than what the WBSS will get him. Besides Ramirez just changed trainers, it takes at least 2-3 fights to gel. With Ramirez the skies the limit.

Comment

I think people are really going to regret the big deal they are making about the cans lining up this division. Probably in an attempt to elevate Prograis' future opposition the same way they did when Crawford was doing the same thing.

One dimensional face-first brawlers like Prograis isn't the hill you want to die on, believe me.

Comment

🤡Keith Idec is a racist anti-Mexican low life scumbag piece of trash. All his articles are garbage.

Comment

The writer is right this guy has no interest in being great. Probably rubbing his hands gleefully at the prospect of Taylor and Regis entering the wbss so he’s not mandated to fight either of them. They’ll catch up to him eventually though and when they do he can kiss that title goodbye.

Comment

Good article, Ramirez hasn't been a champion long and it's already a smoke and mirrors style path of waiting until the top guy moves up in weight so you don't have to face him, targetting his vacant belt, manipulating ratings to avoid top contenders because they're too much risk, in fact anyone better than Danny O'Connor is too much risk. But sadly the same fans who defend him cherry picking will be the ones trying to convince us he really means it this time when he calls out better fighters when it's obviously just PR for gullible fans.

Comment

If he ducks Prograis...who if he wins his next fight will become his mandatory, I'll lose respect for him.

Comment

Blame Top Rank

Zurdo becomes a Champ and has multiple TV dates per year given to him and a opportunity to fight in the WBSS. Top Rank decided the best course
                  Of action is to feed him scrubs even the most hardcore boxing fans have never heard of

It looks like TR is going to use the exact same formula with Ramirez

The ratings prove fans don’t give a sh.it and for the most part won’t Watch the best in the Top Rank stable beating up on scrubs

Comment

He looked average vs Imam. No defense, no special effects, and average power. I think Prograis would flatten this dude. That being said he didn't duck Prograis. It was Regis' camp who didn't pursue the purse bid. The WBC stated Ramirez had to fight Prograis next.

Comment

Working...
                    X