Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: O'Connor Vows Upset: I'm Walking Away With Jose Ramirez' Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: O'Connor Vows Upset: I'm Walking Away With Jose Ramirez' Belt

By Thomas Gerbasi - There's so much to think about for Danny O'Connor as he prepares for his first world title shot against WBC 140-pound champion Jose Carlos Ramirez this Saturday. He's choosing to ignore all those thoughts, opting to simply focus on the man in the mirror. "I've just gotta do me," said O'Connor. "That's what makes...
    [Click Here To Read More]

This guy Danny O'Connor was bumped from #21 in the WBC's April 2018 rankings to #14 in the May rankings when he didn't even have a fight in either of those months. His fight against Ramirez was made official on May 17. To be eligible to fight for a WBC world title, you must be ranked in the top 15.

#boxing

Comment

Surely the winner of this has to sign up for WBSS!

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
        Surely the winner of this has to sign up for WBSS!
        Ramirez won’t sign up. For that reason I hope o’Connor causes the upset

Comment

O'Connor had some good sparring at the US ARMY boxing camp in Colorado Springs a few months ago. Good luck champ

Comment

Why is this fight happening?

Comment

Originally posted by E-Sharp View Post
              This guy Danny O'Connor was bumped from #21 in the WBC's April 2018 rankings to #14 in the May rankings when he didn't even have a fight in either of those months. His fight against Ramirez was made official on May 17. To be eligible to fight for a WBC world title, you must be ranked in the top 15.

#boxing

what a racket

Comment

"O'Connor Vows: I'm Walking Away With Jose Ramirez' Belt"
                Then you must be planning to steal it in the middle of the night

Comment

Typical boxing bull$h1t !!!

Jose Ramirez and his team need to be ashamed of themselves if this is the best they can do for an opponent.

A fighter who lost to a shot Vivian Harris in 2013 is getting a title shot in 2018.

Only in professional boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
                    Typical boxing bull$h1t !!!

Jose Ramirez and his team need to be ashamed of themselves if this is the best they can do for an opponent.

A fighter who lost to a shot Vivian Harris in 2013 is getting a title shot in 2018.

Only in professional boxing.
                    Pretty much! What they don't get is that Fighters become Stars through the hardcore fan base and fighters who go on to be Stars built their reputation fighting the tough opponents early on and separating themselves from the competition. Once the hardcore fan base has Crowned A Fighter then the casuals come along and jump on the bandwagon.

in this case they're trying to appeal straight to the masses, the Casual fans, that don't know anything about boxing which is a disaster for Ramirez and his team. They're trying to use the backdrop of his community work thinking that is going to carry them, but little do they know very few people actually care for that. The masses and fans pay for Pay-Per-View fights and go to fights to watch highly-skilled Fighters square off in the ring. None of the crap outside of the Ring matters. they're going to milk Ramirez and take advantage of the poor fan base in the Central Valley with these silly fights. This is Julio Cesar Chavez Jr all over again! And what a coincidence Mr Bob arum is running the show again.

Comment

Working...
                    X