Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Murray: I'm Willing To Face Saunders - If There is Insurance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Murray: I'm Willing To Face Saunders - If There is Insurance

Martin Murray ensured his ambitions at world level could still remain as he got a scrappy win. The St Helens middleweight had been set to face Billy Joe Saunders for the Hatfield ace's WBO middleweight title. But the undefeated global ruler withdrew from their clash at the O2 Arena in London, leaving Martin Murray to challenge Texas-based Mexican Roberto Garcia for the WBC Silver title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Saunders vs. Andrade! Make It Happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      Saunders vs. Andrade! Make It Happen!
      Now that would be an interesting fight. Both guys fairly untested, but both obviously talented. Would help clear up the log jam at mw, so bigger fights can be made down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Usetoloveboxing View Post
        Now that would be an interesting fight. Both guys fairly untested, but both obviously talented. Would help clear up the log jam at mw, so bigger fights can be made down the road.
        Saunders already beat Lemieux in a mandatory defense, so the ball is in his court! He can face whomever he wants! I doubt he'll choose Andrade, that is unless HBO "sweetens the pot!" If they don't, I guess Murray would be the smart choice!

Comment

I think insurance is a good idea because too many fights get cancelled.

Comment

Saunders already beat Lemieux in a mandatory defense, so the ball is in his court! He can face whomever he wants! I doubt he'll choose Andrade, that is unless HBO "sweetens the pot!" If they don't, I guess Murray would be the smart choice!
            Believe he would still have to fight someone in top 15 of the WBO rankings, but there's definitely still some cherries in there. Then he'd have fight his mando next (supposed to happen every 9mo.) provided he doesn't unify.

Comment

If his withdraws again he must pay all Murray's training camp for 8 weeks expenses

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
                Believe he would still have to fight someone in top 15 of the WBO rankings, but there's definitely still some cherries in there. Then he'd have fight his mando next (supposed to happen every 9mo.) provided he doesn't unify.
                I'm sure the plan would be to get a fight, and then unify with either GGG or Canelo! The question is "what kind of fighter do they want?" Andrade is high-risk, low-reward, but if HBO is onboard, maybe Saunders would be tempted?

Comment

I'm sure the plan would be to get a fight, and then unify with either GGG or Canelo! The question is "what kind of fighter do they want?" Andrade is high-risk, low-reward, but if HBO is onboard, maybe Saunders would be tempted?
                  Doubt BJS takes on Andrade or Jacobs unless it's ordered. Both would be excellent fights, but why would Saunders bite?

Still think Murray is the frontrunner for the match-up. I think Saunders would dance circles around him fairly easily & there's a little more added hype around it. O'Sullivan rematch would be another good option on the GGG v Canelo undercard to build up the next fight but don't think GBP is going to put Spike against a tough opponent, they want to preserve him for Canelo's next bout.

Otherwise it's someone like Culcay or Sulecki if BJS doesn't simply sit on the sidelines waiting for the big payday.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    If his withdraws again he must pay all Murray's training camp for 8 weeks expenses
                    That's fair! Plus a mandatory shot against him when he returns.. billy joe is a weird champion.. he seems like always some bs is happening..

Comment

Working...
                    X