No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence Had Never Even Heard Of Ocampo Before IBF Order

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Spence Had Never Even Heard Of Ocampo Before IBF Order

Before January 23, Errol Spence Jr. literally didn't know Carlos Ocampo existed. It wasn't until the IBF ordered its welterweight champion to make a mandatory title defense against the Mexican contender that Spence became aware of Ocampo. The young, unknown challenger has never fought outside of Mexico, or on television in the United States, and Spence doesn't pay any attention to rankings.
    [Click Here To Read More]

a lot of us in the same boat

Comment

Lol me either......

Comment

Same here, but like you said, gotta take him very serious.

Sadam Ali had to learn that the hard way. Absolutely terrible management from his team.

Comment

lol.. at least he's being 100 about it.

Comment

I expect Spence to put on a show. The fact that they dug up tape on this kid shows they're taking the fight very serious.

Comment

The IBF should not have ordered Spence vs. Ocampo in January, then made Ugas vs. Robinson a final eliminator in February! Should've just waited until after the final eliminator, and ordered Spence Jr. vs. Ugas! I think that would've been a better fight! In fact, the IBF now has Ugas #2, and Ocampo #3! Go figure?

Comment

That can’t be true errol don’t duck or hide from anyone ocampo is a true dangerously unknown that would outbox crawford and ko thurman stiff salutonerrol for fighting a guy everyone at welterweight was ducking ��

Comment

Ocampo's family probably wasn't sure how his boxing career was going prior to getting this Spence fight.

This sh^t happens to much & is what I'm talking about when I mention a bs mandatory fight. There are plenty more interesting fights for Spence to have right now besides Ocampo but for some reason, corruption or stoopidity, we are having to watch this fight which exactly 0 boxing fans wanted to see happen. I mean when you got a legit mandatory situation even if there are sexy opponents to be had out there some fans will wanna see the mandatory guy get his shot cuz he legit deserves it & he's shown us SOMETHING about what he can do.

This Ocampo dude beat a guy who had lost 3 of his last 4 last time out (Nov. '17), he beat a guy who lost 3 of his last 4 the time before that (Jan. '17) & he beat a guy who lost 3 of his last 5 the time before that (Aug. '16). Arguably the best guy he's beaten is Jorge Paez Jr. So when in the mothaf#ck did Ocampo "earn" his mandatory shot???? IBF rankings are such a sh^tshow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    The IBF should not have ordered Spence vs. Ocampo in January, then made Ugas vs. Robinson a final eliminator in February! Should've just waited until after the final eliminator, and ordered Spence Jr. vs. Ugas! I think that would've been a better fight! In fact, the IBF now has Ugas #2, and Ocampo #3! Go figure?
                    How bout make Ocampo vs Ugas?

Does anyone know the fight Ocampo got his mandatory? These things are so f#cking wonky man.

Comment

Working...
                    X