Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Santa Cruz-Mares II Peaked at 633,000 Viewers for Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Santa Cruz-Mares II Peaked at 633,000 Viewers for Showtime

Fewer viewers watched the Leo Santa Cruz-Abner Mares rematch than their first fight. Nielsen Media Research ratings released Tuesday revealed a peak audience of 633,000 tuned in to Showtime to see Santa Cruz beat Mares again in their 12-round fight for Santa Cruz's WBA "super" world featherweight title Saturday night at Staples Center in Los Angeles. The second bout between Santa Cruz and Mares, Mexican-American rivals from Southern California, attracted an average audience of 600,000.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Those numbers are sad. I really think they could have promoted this fight a lot better.

Comment

The numbers are ok. Showtime overall is trending upward from what they were doing a couple years ago.

Comment

I watched these weekends fights on Showtime, however, I'm not part of those numbers because I watched it on the Showtime streaming service which doesn't get counted by Nielsen.

Comment

Probably not a good idea to go head-to-head with Crawford or Lomachenko!

Comment

I just hope they don't make a santa cruz vs mares 3... same dude lost twice no need for a trilogy....

Comment

There was no demand for this rematch Schaffer without GBP resources has been ineffective as a promoter Showtime as much money as their throwing at boxing and hbo not in the game still can't improve their turd polishing and selling technique.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                I watched these weekends fights on Showtime, however, I'm not part of those numbers because I watched it on the Showtime streaming service which doesn't get counted by Nielsen.
                ... yes, streaming is the future...

Comment

Decent numbers for a rematch no one wanted.

Comment

That's about right. On par with the other top fights from Showtime, minus Wilder and Broner.

Comment

Working...
                    X