No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stephen Smith - Laughing at Pain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stephen Smith - Laughing at Pain

by Shaun Brown - His left ear looked like it had been caught in the middle of a disagreement with Hannibal Lecter and Mike Tyson. The Doctor had a look. The ninth round (of ten). 'Look, man, your ear is hanging off, keep still'. He left the ring. Walked down the tunnel of the Mandalay Bay. A lady stopped him to get a form signed so he could get paid. Only in boxing. Man's gotta eat though...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Reading this is like being a passenger with a driver that slams the brakes every 20 feet.

Comment

Savage injury

Comment

I watched this fight recently. To be brutally honest, it was totally his own fault his ear ended up like that. He kept his left arm out and the left side of his head was completely exposed to Vargas's right hands for the whole fight. Vargas peppered him with them all night, hence the ear injury.
        Smith could have made adjustments and changed to a high guard when he realised his defence wasn't working, but he kept doing it and the ear was the end result. I find it so frustrating when fighters don't switch from plan A to something else when it's not working. He was brave, but it's not just about bravery.

Comment

That was one of the most horrible injuries I’ve seen in a fight and the tv crew kept going back for more close ups.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
            Reading this is like being a passenger with a driver that slams the brakes every 20 feet.
            Sounds like you have something interesting to say. I wonder what.

Comment

Working...
            X