No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luke Campbell Talks Future Options, Lomachenko-Linares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Luke Campbell Talks Future Options, Lomachenko-Linares

Luke Campbell should hopefully find out in the next few weeks if he has been given the chance to avenge the first professional loss of his career. The (18-2, 15 KOs) British lightweight is aiming to fight two more times this year with the first possibly being against Yvan Mendy.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Is Hearn still bothering with the WBC though after how crooked they are.

Comment

Am a fan of a campbell but one point in it is bull sh it he was well beaten that night hes improved since be much more a 50 50 this time

Comment

Personally I don't really like Campbell's personality - I re watched the Linares fight a couple of weeks ago and he definitely lost.
        To say he 'could be 20-0' to me is delusional. He did better as the fight went on, but he was still beaten by the better fighter.
        Campbell's pretty good, but he definitely fights too much like an amateur still. He's very upright and doesn't move his head or bend at the waist much. He seems like one of those guys who have great amateur careers, but then don't adjust their style much in the pro's, because it's so ingrained and brought them success in the past.

Comment

this guy sounds like a total plonker. his grammar is floyd terrible but maybe thats just the transcription. saying things like linares was drained hmmm and he could have stood here 20-0 hmmm. linares got the home town nod hmmm linares isn't from the usa and apparently lives in the uk just like campbell from the info i've seen.

Comment

Hope he does good. He has a match with Lomachenko line up in the future.

Comment

I never knew this guy can be this salty. Only got to see him against Linares and it was no way a competitive one - he got schooled.

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
                Campbell's pretty good, but he definitely fights too much like an amateur still. He's very upright and doesn't move his head or bend at the waist much. He seems like one of those guys who have great amateur careers, but then don't adjust their style much in the pro's, because it's so ingrained and brought them success in the past.
                This is spot on. It bugged me when I watched him, knew there was something but couldn't identify it, but you've nailed it. He is still locked in the amateur mindset.

The commentary on the Linares fight did my head in. He was brave and came back well after a grim start but he clearly lost the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
                  This is spot on. It bugged me when I watched him, knew there was something but couldn't identify it, but you've nailed it. He is still locked in the amateur mindset.

The commentary on the Linares fight did my head in. He was brave and came back well after a grim start but he clearly lost the fight.
                  Thank you mate - glad someone agrees with me. Yeah it happens with a lot of GB amateurs - they get drilled into fighting in the amateur style for years, and then some don't understand they have to make adjustments when they turn pro. A lot of the skills are transferable between amateur and pro, but ultimately there are also some big differences. Campbell is a good cagey southpaw with some skills, but he still fights in that upright, fencing like style, he's so stiff and and leaves his chin up in the air a lot too.

Looks like he's gonna rematch Mendy, he needs to have learned from the first fight because he got bullied that night, Mendy looked a lot stronger. If Campbell can improve under Rubio, he can win a world title.
                  He was just using his old amateur coach from Hull before, probably why he never adapted his style.

Comment

Working...
                  X