Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yafai: 'Absolute Joke' How Heavy Carmona Came in for Our Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yafai: 'Absolute Joke' How Heavy Carmona Came in for Our Fight

Kal Yafai couldn't believe what David Carmona weighed when he stepped on the California State Athletic Commission's scale Friday afternoon. Carmona came in at 118 pounds for their 115-pound title fight Saturday night, technically two divisions
    [Click Here To Read More]

its an 'absolute joke' how many weight divisions they cram into them smaller weights

Comment

how small must this guy be, isn't kal like 5'2?

Comment

classic dirty mexican cheaters

Comment

Can someone explain to me how in the past 2 years car Mona has done anything that would even warrant a title shot because he has done nothing... no wonder he is
          30-1... he should have all his money with held ... Andy foster needs to get some guts and take some action...

Comment

too many weight classes in the lower divisions that are only 3 pounds apart. its a ****ing joke.

Comment

Physiology and basic math is not something that the average NBS member is familiar with I see : From 135 going up to jr. welter a boxer adds 3.7 percent in weight ; compare that to David Carmona over the jr. bantamweight limit ( fighting as a bantamweight ) at 118½ is about a 2.7 percent increase, so you only get about 1 percent extra increase from 135-140 -- WOW BIG DEAL.

then you ask yourself a simple question: If I weigh 115 pounds and my friend weighs 140...is three pounds harder/easier for him to carry? or is it easier for me -- who weighs 25 pounds less? AND I also have smaller lungs, a smaller heart, softer bones....hmm. NAH three pounds aint ****!

It dont matter if you are even over half a pound in any weight class ; it don't matter if you are 147 pounder or a middleweight -- nobody is going to say ' its only one pound!' nevermind if they come in three pounds over!
              Last edited by 1hourRun; 05-26-2018, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mack. View Post
                its an 'absolute joke' how many weight divisions they cram into them smaller weights

8 weight classes from 105-130. 25 pounds, 8 weight classes. The same amount of weight as a jump from light heavyweight to cruiserweight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mack. View Post
                  Exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    8 weight classes from 105-130. 25 pounds, 8 weight classes. The same amount of weight as a jump from light heavyweight to cruiserweight.
                    And we can forget that LHW-Cruiserweights have the body to compete with unlimited/HW's and even win world titles. Tony Bellew is fighting at HW btw.

Comment

Working...
                    X