No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jamie McDonnell Confirms He Will Move Up After KO Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jamie McDonnell Confirms He Will Move Up After KO Loss

Jamie McDonnell has confirmed that he will return at a higher weight after surrendering his world title. The Doncaster man is set to come back at 122lbs after losing his WBA regular' bantamweight crown to Naoya Inoue on Friday in Tokyo, Japan.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope so. Guy looked like a corpse at the weigh in.

Comment

Seeing McDonnell cry after the fight was touching.

Comment

They all want to cut massive amounts of weight to seek an advantage but few seem to understand as you get older it becomes more difficult especially to recover in fact it becomes dangerous.

A grown ass 5ft10 man weighing 118lbs, Jesus.

They all want as much of a weight advantage as possible yet look at the best fighters from recent times - Floyd, Manny, B-Hop, Kessler, Froch, Ward none blew up crazy amounts between fights. None was cutting 20lbs

Comment

The entire cutting aspect should be removed from boxing. They should be weighed 7,3,1 days before and on the day of the fight itself. Mcdonnell looked ill beforehand, he had no business at that weight.

I thought he may call it a day but perhaps he's looking at the Brit featherweight scene and fancies his chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
            The entire cutting aspect should be removed from boxing. They should be weighed 7,3,1 days before and on the day of the fight itself. Mcdonnell looked ill beforehand, he had no business at that weight.

I thought he may call it a day but perhaps he's looking at the Brit featherweight scene and fancies his chances.
            Hes going to 122 aint he, bloody dead zone of a division.

Comment

He'll still struggle to make 122 looking at him. Why these guys try to kill themselves to make a weight class they don't belong amazes me. He should go to 126.

I saw a documentary about his training camp for the Inoue fight. He was at a sports science clinic doing all the latest hi-tech tests. Interesting stuff. But it all seems worthless if you then have to become practically anorexic to make weight.

Comment

... McDonnell would have to fight Nery, Magdaleno... for instance...

Comment

He’s an inch shorter than Tyson and half the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                    Hes going to 122 aint he, bloody dead zone of a division.
                    Apparently he may miss JF out altogether and go straight for 126. Would make sense as he'd probably struggle at 122 and there's several British fighters he could match himself against for a few last paydays.

In fact if his head clears quickly he may want to take on Frampton at Windsor Park in August...

Comment

Working...
                    X