Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kal Yafai is Keen To Make a Statement in American Debut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kal Yafai is Keen To Make a Statement in American Debut

Kal Yafai has some objectives to complete during his time in America this week. 1: Defend his WBA Super Flyweight title against David Carmona on Saturday night in Fresno. 2: Look impressive on his U.S. debut and take as little damage as possible against the 27-year-old Mexican.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yafai sounds a bit like Prince Patel there. Didn’t Charlie Edwards already get blasted out in a stupidly early world title challenge?

Yafai is good but he comes from the Degale/Selby school of normally trying to win doing the bare minimum. Could get beat if he has a slow start against a game fighter

Comment

he's got to win and put on a performance, no coasting.

Comment

Anyone know the deal with Carmona? i thought he beat a juiced up Cuadras and then he gets KO'd by some bum in his very next fight??

Comment

Yafai is already making a statement in fighting someone of Carmona's calibre in such a stacked division, following on from the statement he made by not fighting Inoue as 'too risky for that much money'. Until he beats someone like Ancajas or Arroyo, no statement made.

Comment

Carmona usually gets up for big fights like this and I can see Yafai maybe overlooking him here. Threw 10 bucks down on Carmona for the upset as Yafai has kind of coasted in his couple of fights since beating Concepcion

Comment

He’s making a huge statement by fighting someone who lost three of his last four fights and got blown away by ancient Omar Narvaez four years ago.

Comment

Yeah. Well. He's making a statement alright. I can get 18/1 on Carmona.

Comment

Carmona is 3.6 pounds overweight

Comment

Working...
                  X