No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jamie McDonnell-Naoya Inoue: Stats & Stakes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jamie McDonnell-Naoya Inoue: Stats & Stakes

by Cliff Rold - Hardcore boxing fans have been waking up early in the morning to watch Naoya Inoue for a few years now. The former Jr. flyweight and Jr. bantamweight titlist is the sort of dynamic offensive fighter who stands out no matter the size. For some of his fights, like his title winning effort against Omar Narvaez in 2014, some American fans could tune in on TyC...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Inoue will win the war!

Comment

McDonnell Previous titles: IBF Bantamweight World Title. Need to correct that mistake in the article. McDonnell has held both the IBF & WBA belts in his career

Comment

OK, the pick is stoppage by Mr. Rold, I'm thinking the same ; On paper it looks good for Naoya Inoue being the first to stop McDonnell and the hype of that accomplishment is a good look going into the WBSS, but I'm going to still question Inoue power : we all know Jamie is weight-drained at 118 and shouldn't even be fighting at this weight -- no wonder doctors were examining him in the last presser ; he might of passed out right there and then.

Its fortuitous for Inoue that Eddie Hearn only knows how to make money by throwing in his fighters under dangerous overwhelming odds and circumstances, otherwise we might not be seeing Naoya in the WBSS ; instead I think he might of opted to fight for the vacant 'Regular' title against who knows...

Comment

I don't see how Inoue will lose this bout.

Body punches by Inoue will lead to late stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            OK, the pick is stoppage by Mr. Rold, I'm thinking the same ; On paper it looks good for Naoya Inoue being the first to stop McDonnell and the hype of that accomplishment is a good look going into the WBSS, but I'm going to still question Inoue power : we all know Jamie is weight-drained at 118 and shouldn't even be fighting at this weight -- no wonder doctors were examining him in the last presser ; he might of passed out right there and then.

Its fortuitous for Inoue that Eddie Hearn only knows how to make money by throwing in his fighters under dangerous overwhelming odds and circumstances, otherwise we might not be seeing Naoya in the WBSS ; instead I think he might of opted to fight for the vacant 'Regular' title against who knows...
            I got Inoue in this but I ain't thinking he's gonna blast McDonnell out... like you say Naoya is moving up and McDonnell is a big guy at the weight, and a savvy veteran too at this stage in his career. I'm thinking a UD - not wide, but comfortable for the Monster.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
              Inoue will win the war!
              Yup. Monster is going to land big and often. Hopefully this will open some eyes since I've been saying he's top 5 P4P for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                Yup. Monster is going to land big and often. Hopefully this will open some eyes since I've been saying he's top 5 P4P for a while now.
                I have seen your posts saying this repeatedly, but these so called boxing fans overlook talent that they don’t hear much about.
                Monster is gonna land big and smash Jamie!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  I have seen your posts saying this repeatedly, but these so called boxing fans overlook talent that they don’t hear much about.
                  Monster is gonna land big and smash Jamie!
                  I can't blame a lot of people when Japanese fighters don't really get televised in NA. I just don't understand when people bash a fighter that they've never seen. I had never seen Dogboe fight before, but I'm glad I watched him fight Magdaleno a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    I can't blame a lot of people when Japanese fighters don't really get televised in NA. I just don't understand when people bash a fighter that they've never seen. I had never seen Dogboe fight before, but I'm glad I watched him fight Magdaleno a couple weeks ago.
                    Yeah, maybe because I live here in Tokyo, and he’s a Yokohama guy, he gets big press. Dogboe vs Magdeleno was a great fight.

I used to live in Kagurazaka, and about a mile away was the Teiken gym, so I met a lot of fighters there. Even Linares.

Comment

Working...
                    X