No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lee Selby vs. Josh Warrington - Expert Predictions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lee Selby vs. Josh Warrington - Expert Predictions

Odds setters have installed super slick Welshman Lee Selby as a 4-1 on nap, when he enters the Elland Road bear pit and puts his IBF Title up for tender against the Duracell charged dukes of unbeaten Leeds homeboy Josh Warrington on May 19th. However, industry insiders were struggling to split the feuding Feathers when Glynn Evans canvassed 15 of the finest about the outcome.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Interesting I put a tenner on Warrington in the week and he was out at 4/1. Seemed generous.

Selby being tight at the weight and to me seems like he could be outworked. Neither bang so it’s a 12 rounder and it might come down to fitness and grit over skill.

Comment

I'm surprised so many picking Warrington. I see Selby being far too slick. Warringtons best shot is outworking him

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        Interesting I put a tenner on Warrington in the week and he was out at 4/1. Seemed generous.

Selby being tight at the weight and to me seems like he could be outworked. Neither bang so it’s a 12 rounder and it might come down to fitness and grit over skill.
        Ive put a tenner on round 8 selby knockout 28/1 and a tenner on round nine also 28/1

Warrington is gonna worked early and knocked out later I recon

Gonna be eating Jabs for fun

Comment

Originally posted by Ecosse1 View Post
          I'm surprised so many picking Warrington. I see Selby being far too slick. Warringtons best shot is outworking him
          Yeh I agree

Warrington hasn’t got a hope In my opinion . He’s gonna be countered all night can’t see him going the distance to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by Straightener View Post
            Ive put a tenner on round 8 selby knockout 28/1 and a tenner on round nine also 28/1

Warrington is gonna worked early and knocked out later I recon

Gonna be eating Jabs for fun
            Could turn out that way. There will have to be a marked difference in quality between the two though otherwise it’s gonna be nip and tuck.

Selby works at his own pace.

Warrington looks strong and fit.

Neither can punch.

Comment

This has defo made me more excited for what could be quite dull fight if it goes Selby’s way.

Everyone seems dead set that Warrington lacks the skill level but I don’t think we know his level until after this fight. Work rate and home crowd might be enough for Warrington if Selby takes a while to get going.

Comment

The people who predict a Warrington win, like Pat Barrett here, due to 'relentles pressure' are forgetting that Selby is more skillful, accurate and also pretty powerful - when Warrington is trying to apply relentless pressure, he is going to be getting hit. A lot. He looks like the type to cut and mark up easily too. Pressure and will isn't enough when you're up against a far more skilled opponent. So many idiots predicted Eubank Jr would dominate Groves by using constant pressure - same story. When they are coming forward, they are being hit. Hard.

Comment

Although none of the two are big punchers, I've got a feeling Selby may score a late stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
                    The people who predict a Warrington win, like Pat Barrett here, due to 'relentles pressure' are forgetting that Selby is more skillful, accurate and also pretty powerful - when Warrington is trying to apply relentless pressure, he is going to be getting hit. A lot. He looks like the type to cut and mark up easily too. Pressure and will isn't enough when you're up against a far more skilled opponent. So many idiots predicted Eubank Jr would dominate Groves by using constant pressure - same story. When they are coming forward, they are being hit. Hard.
                    I get that but these are little men. Groves is a hard puncher.
                    Hard jab.

I’m banking on Selby being a bit tight at the weight to make it a good fight

Comment

Working...
                    X