No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weekend Review: Lomachenko's Invasion of 135 Begins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Weekend Review: Lomachenko's Invasion of 135 Begins

Vasyl Lomachenko: Lomachenko is human after all but you wouldn't know it by the manner in which he emerged victorious on Saturday in New York City.
    "Hi-Tech" was forced to go low tech, relying as much on hard work as his remarkable skill to beat his first truly worthy adversary (apologies to the oversized, dirty Orlando Salido). Then-WBA lightweight titleholder Jorge Linares matched ability and wits with Lomachenko for nine-plus rounds, even putting the Ukrainian wizard down for the first time in his career.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"..I had it 87-83 for Lomachenko". Finally someone who knows how to score a fight! Thank you!

Comment

Anything Golden Spoon touches is rigged corrupted.
      They better test Linares for PEDs, those steroid zits are a suspect!

Congrats on a win LoMA , the P4P KING Slayer !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrShakeAndBake View Post
        Anything Golden Spoon touches is rigged corrupted.
        They better test Linares for PEDs, those steroid zits are a suspect!

Congrats on a win LoMA , the P4P KING Slayer !!!!!

I gave 3 rounds to Linares including round of knockdown. Judges are bought by Oscar... Next fight Loma also will have not to leave for judges decision. Only Nomas or knockout) Beltran would not be a problem and Mikey Garcia who ran away from Linares i am persuaded will be easier fight for Loma comparing to Linares fight...
        Loma got his lesson not to be overconfident and think about his own defence not only to entertain the crowd by taking unnecessary risks! He will get only better and we can see it with each upcoming profight he becomes better. Linares was taller, heavier by 9 kg, longer reach, with 40 profights and still he look like c level fighter comparing to Loma.
        Can't wait for fight with Beltran and annihilation of Mikey Garcia myth, which was actually dropped the same way Loma was, just against Martinez) Flash knockdown, and the same way Floyd touched the canvas after Judah's shot, so no surprise, its boxing, you hit and you can get hit)

Comment

Loma is a very talented fighter, no doubt. Linares is definitely no slouch, so anyone who can stop him is indeed very talented. Having said that, IMO Mikey Garcia is as much if not more of a force than Linares. That's the fight I'd like to see next. All action start to finsh, like the one we just saw.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
            Loma is a very talented fighter, no doubt. Linares is definitely no slouch, so anyone who can stop him is indeed very talented. Having said that, IMO Mikey Garcia is as much if not more of a force than Linares. That's the fight I'd like to see next. All action start to finsh, like the one we just saw.
            I doubt we see Loma Garcia this year, if ever. First of all Mikey is scared of fighting tough fights. He has almost 40 fights and has yet to be in a marquee fight. He had a chance to fight Linares, Cotto, Easter and hes content fighting the Lipinets and Zlaticanins of the sport. Second of all Loma just fought his first fight at 135 and he looks tiny for the weight class. Its amazing he didnt take any tune ups to ease into 135, just went straight for the best. I still think Loma needs at least 1 or 2 more tough fights at 135 before fighting Mikey. Mikey walks around 20 lbs heavier than Loma. Still think Loma washes Mikey up, but to be sure he should still have a fight or 2 to make sure he can handle the weight

Comment

Well, he's got Linares out of the way. Beltran should be next. I think there will be another fight before Mikey though. I'm looking forward to watching the story unfold.

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
                I doubt we see Loma Garcia this year, if ever. First of all Mikey is scared of fighting tough fights. He has almost 40 fights and has yet to be in a marquee fight. He had a chance to fight Linares, Cotto, Easter and hes content fighting the Lipinets and Zlaticanins of the sport. Second of all Loma just fought his first fight at 135 and he looks tiny for the weight class. Its amazing he didnt take any tune ups to ease into 135, just went straight for the best. I still think Loma needs at least 1 or 2 more tough fights at 135 before fighting Mikey. Mikey walks around 20 lbs heavier than Loma. Still think Loma washes Mikey up, but to be sure he should still have a fight or 2 to make sure he can handle the weight
                So Mikey is scared of big fights like this one, but Loma isn't ready to fight Mikey. Friend, you're contradicting yourself whether you think so or not. Garcia will hold his own fine if he signs the contract. Win or lose, he'll show he's worthy of it. Not saying he wins, but he certainly won't make it easy for Loma, and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  Quote:

So Mikey is scared of big fights like this one, but Loma isn't ready to fight Mikey. Friend, you're contradicting yourself whether you think so or not. Garcia will hold his own fine if he signs the contract. Win or lose, he'll show he's worthy of it. Not saying he wins, but he certainly won't make it easy for Loma, and vice versa.
                  I was exaggerating when i said Loma washes the floor with him, i think Loma beats him in a somewhat competitive fight. I still think Mikey doesnt like tough fights and wants to cherry pick his way through his career. He left Top Rank rather than fight Gamboa and since signing with Pbc hes been taking the easier opponents. Even Broner he chose because it was an easy fight that he could make good money from. I would be very surprised if he agreed to fight Loma any time in the next couple years. He'll wait until Loma gets old most likely

Comment

Quote:

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jjsmyth87 View Post

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
                    I was exaggerating when i said Loma washes the floor with him, i think Loma beats him in a somewhat competitive fight. I still think Mikey doesnt like tough fights and wants to cherry pick his way through his career. He left Top Rank rather than fight Gamboa and since signing with Pbc hes been taking the easier opponents. Even Broner he chose because it was an easy fight that he could make good money from. I would be very surprised if he agreed to fight Loma any time in the next couple years. He'll wait until Loma gets old most likely
                    We'll see. IMO the fight happens within a year, and it's very competitive start to finish. I think both fighters will go down at least once during the fight. And IMO it's 50/50 as to who wins.

Comment

Working...
                    X