No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: We Have Never Seen Anything Like Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: We Have Never Seen Anything Like Lomachenko

By Tris Dixon - WE have seen brawlers, maulers and warriors. We have seen artists, showboaters and fancy dans. We have seen talkers, gimmicks and fake grudges. But we have never seen anyone quite like Vasyl Lomachenko. The little genius from the Ukraine added a world title in a third weight class in...
    [Click Here To Read More]

He’s Venezuelan not Mexican...

Comment

He's 30 with 400 amateur fights. What haven't we seen before in the pro's that be brings to the table?

Maybe footwork lol.

Comment

Floyd was a 5div champ by the age of 30. Never was dropped. Oh also, he was undefeated and and would never lose to a guy of salido's caliber. People are so prisoners of the moment. Yes, Loma is great and I love to see him fight, but this "we've never seen anything like Loma" stuff is getting out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
          Floyd was a 5div champ by the age of 30. Never was dropped. Oh also, he was undefeated and and would never lose to a guy of salido's caliber. People are so prisoners of the moment. Yes, Loma is great and I love to see him fight, but this "we've never seen anything like Loma" stuff is getting out of hand.
          ^^^^^ Exactly

Comment

Loma was far more superior as amateur than Floyd and done better in 12 fights as pro fighter...

Comment

floyd has been 'knocked down' both officially and unofficially. officially against hernandez, and unofficially against judah. also floyd was 19 when he turned pro while loma was 25, loma stayed an amateur longer and won 2 gold medals. floyd was a silver medalist (controversially). not taking anything away from floyd, but loma is something special, and tris is not saying the loma is p4p best ever. hes just saying that he has not seen anything quite like loma, and i agree with him. the guy is a phenomenon.
              as for the salido loss, salido came in over weight, and in loma's second only fight he lost a tight decision to a guy with multiple world titles. then in loma very next fight he takes on gary russell jr for another title. if he loses that he goes to 1-2 after 3 fights. respect to loma, hes been taking on the best available guy since he stepped up as a pro.

Comment

Until Loma beats Mikey Garcia, anything Loma does is normal to me.

Defeating Mikey will prove to every one that Loma is the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by u122564 View Post
                  floyd has been 'knocked down' both officially and unofficially. officially against hernandez, and unofficially against judah. also floyd was 19 when he turned pro while loma was 25, loma stayed an amateur longer and won 2 gold medals. floyd was a silver medalist (controversially). not taking anything away from floyd, but loma is something special, and tris is not saying the loma is p4p best ever. hes just saying that he has not seen anything quite like loma, and i agree with him. the guy is a phenomenon.
                  as for the salido loss, salido came in over weight, and in loma's second only fight he lost a tight decision to a guy with multiple world titles. then in loma very next fight he takes on gary russell jr for another title. if he loses that he goes to 1-2 after 3 fights. respect to loma, hes been taking on the best available guy since he stepped up as a pro.
                  Floyd took a knee when he broke his hand on Hernandez's head... knock down my ass... What the hell does that have to do with Loma getting sent to the canvas cleanly on his ass with a legit punch? We aren't talking about a glove or slip here. Loma is an excellent fighter, but his stock went down in my eyes after this fight, not up. He showed a little vulnerability. He was a huge favorite to win and got thru by the skin of his teeth and a clutch body shot to end the fight... But he was in a dog fight with another good fighter who was giving as good as he was taking from Loma while it lasted.

Comment

There is nothing special about Mikey Garcia. Loma's gonna school him.

Comment

Working...
                    X