Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Would Boxing Benefit if More Fighters Fought Like Lomachenko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Would Boxing Benefit if More Fighters Fought Like Lomachenko?

By Andreas Hale - Vasiliy Lomachenko could make history if he claims his third world title in just 12 fights when he faces Jorge Linares in New York on Saturday night. Lomachenko's highly decorated amateur career (396-1), two Olympic gold medals and easy transition from amateurs to the pro ranks has put him on course to establish himself as one of the greatest boxers of the modern era in an incredibly short time...
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is why Lomachenko is the Number 1 Pound for Pound Fighter In The World....the black people hate him because Loma is not black....the gays hate him because Loma aint gay.....and the list just goes on and on

Comment

"In the interim, Spence will get an unnecessary “gimme” fight or two before then. If he’s ready, shouldn’t the fight happen?"

Really? If it was up to Errol, he would've fought Keith Thurman 2 years ago! It was Thurman who wanted the fight to marinate, not Errol! Errol is The Truth!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCowBoy View Post
        This is why Lomachenko is the Number 1 Pound for Pound Fighter In The World....the black people hate him because Loma is not black....the gays hate him because Loma aint gay.....and the list just goes on and on
        Huh? I’m black and I like Loma. You must be a white American...you don’t have any fighters to cheer for, so you worship Europeans. There are some good Europeans out there, but they’re NOT white Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          "In the interim, Spence will get an unnecessary “gimme” fight or two before then. If he’s ready, shouldn’t the fight happen?"

Really? If it was up to Errol, he would've fought Keith Thurman 2 years ago! It was Thurman who wanted the fight to marinate, not Errol! Errol is The Truth!
          That WBC is so corrupt.....That they (wbc) are in cahoots with Protecting Boxing Cowards (PBC)....

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCowBoy View Post
            People like Loma because he ain't a *****ass who makes it all about race like a Texan whiteboy. I'm an Asian whose fav fighters are GGG and Loma. Take your crying victim **** to storm_front.

Comment

In short yes, more fighters should improve the level of opponent they face faster. There will always be some development needed in the pro ranks but to have fighters with 25+ taxi drivers on their records is silly. I’d like to see boxers at world level after 15+ progressively higher quality opponents.

Having said that, not all can don’t like Loma, he is gifted.

Comment

The culture today unfortunately has fallen prey to the power of the "0."

If you look at fighters' records from earlier eras, often times they had losses before they became big time. They were matched tough and sometimes they lost. It happens. It also wasn't the end of the world. They got back up and often became better, stronger fighters because of it.

Loma is definitely daring to be great. So many these don't, because of promoters, but sometimes(let's be honest), because they want a safer route.

When it comes to pleasing the customer, the article is spot on. People want the best vs the best- NOW, not after years of marinating. Meat needs to marinated- not fights.

At the end of the day, I'm glad Loma is taking this route and hope others will do the same.

And once again, although I'll always be more of a boxing fan, the ufc's structure is something of which boxing should take note.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                  The culture today unfortunately has fallen prey to the power of the "0."

If you look at fighters' records from earlier eras, often times they had losses before they became big time. They were matched tough and sometimes they lost. It happens. It also wasn't the end of the world. They got back up and often became better, stronger fighters because of it.

Loma is definitely daring to be great. So many these don't, because of promoters, but sometimes(let's be honest), because they want a safer route.

When it comes to pleasing the customer, the article is spot on. People want the best vs the best- NOW, not after years of marinating. Meat needs to marinated- not fights.

At the end of the day, I'm glad Loma is taking this route and hope others will do the same.

And once again, although I'll always be more of a boxing fan, the ufc's structure is something of which boxing should take note.
                  I agree. They should make one Belt per weight class, and not 6-7 alphabet titles of which some are more or less respected... Although the UFC is abusing a bit with their “interim” belts lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                    I agree. They should make one Belt per weight class, and not 6-7 alphabet titles of which some are more or less respected... Although the UFC is abusing a bit with their “interim” belts lately.
                    Yeah, I've noticed the interim crap. They better drop that noise and stick to what they've been doing.

Comment

Working...
                    X