Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rances and Leduan Barthelemy Part Ways With Ismael Salas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rances and Leduan Barthelemy Part Ways With Ismael Salas

It's becoming a bad month for veteran Cuban trainer Ismael Salas, because both Rances and Leduan Barthelemy have decided to part ways with the coach. Last Saturday at the O2 Arena in London, Salas was working the corner as the head trainer of heavyweight David Haye, who got demolished by Tony Bellew in five rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Manny Robles and Ishmael Salas having a bad month.

Comment

Rubio should be good

Comment

robert garcia in oxnard would make these cubans beasts!

Comment

Salas is a good trainer, but he might have become a victim of his own success. Too many fighters to look after. He’s recently “trained” fighters over the phone, while elsewhere with another (apparently more important) fighter. Who wants that? Add to this the fact that Leduan didn’t look very good in his last bout, and Rances looked dreadful. Not necessarily Ismael’s fault, but sometimes you need another mind to shake things up. I agree it’s probably a good time to look for another coach.

Comment

Originally posted by chico malo loc View Post
            robert garcia in oxnard would make these cubans beasts!

Definitely. Rances needs someone to teach him inside fighting. Buti think Pedro Diaz would be amazing with both guys. Robert Garcia isn't a bad choice though either.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrbamladen View Post
              Definitely. Rances needs someone to teach him inside fighting. Buti think Pedro Diaz would be amazing with both guys. Robert Garcia isn't a bad choice though either.
              I’ve lost a lot of regard for Pedro Diaz. I’m thinking he’s probably overrated. I’d rather see the brothers try their luck with Robert. Rances is a boxer-puncher. He likes to mix it up a little bit. It might be a good fit.

Comment

honestly i don't think anybody could teach a non motivated fighter anything, the barthelemys were practically born in a gym, they've been around boxing forever and box like it's the first time they'd lace the gloves, i don't think they have put any interest in learning their craft.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
                  Manny Robles and Ishmael Salas having a bad month.
                  I second this. Both had entirely too many high profile prospects and main event fighters to work with at one time.

Robles has had fighters start to defect since the beginning of the year and as of late more and more have left his stable.

As for Salas I think the Haye situation through a major wrench in his works and the fighters that he got to championship status probably felt abandoned.

Comment

who cares he is a bum, straight bum

Comment

Working...
                    X