No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Isaac Dogboe vs. Jessie Magdaleno: Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Isaac Dogboe vs. Jessie Magdaleno: Afterthoughts

In a division that has produced enduring classics like Wilfredo Gomez-Lupe Pintor, Marco Antonio Barrera-Erik Morales, and the first three Vazquez-Marquez wars, the standard for excellence is high. Very few fights can get there. It's enough to be the latest excellent battle in one of boxing's premiere warrior classes. No one can say they didn't see warriors on Saturday night. Isaac Dogboe and Jessie Magdaleno traded knockdowns, momentum, and ultimately a title before the night was through. The judges were on their game too; while this scribe picked Magdaleno on a possibly contentious decision, all three official scorers had Dogboe ahead prior to the fateful eleventh.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If that weight-bully Luis Nery is tired of using diuretics to steal world titles at 118 from old bantamweights he can come to 122 and get some! same goes for that no good euro-bum Jamie McDonald!

Comment

I can’t believe a U.K. promoter hasn’t been all over Dogboe. I hope to see him fight here soon!

Comment

I disagree with the notion that Magdaleno didn't show ring rust; it was apparent. Not the reason he lost though, just had a very bad game plan (along with that dumb macho stuff he pulled) against a relentless foe who worked him over and didn't let off the pressure one bit. Dogboe, although flawed, put on a hell of a performance. Terrific fight overall.

Comment

Dogboe would be a great comeback fight for Rigondeaux.

Comment

Dogboe looked violent, vicious and tough but IMO Magdaleno was extremely rusty from being off so long. No way Dogboe should've been his return fight. Arum screwed Jesse a bit IMO.

Hopefully they can fight again.

Comment

This was a very entertaining fight. Decent ESPN card overall too. It went head to head with PBC, but I didn't really have a chance to switch over to Fox very much.

I would like to see an immediate rematch. I think if Magdelano wants that, he deserves it. He should go watch the tape like he said in the post fight interview, and make adjustments. Either way, I am sure the rematch will be just as good as this one was!

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
                Dogboe would be a great comeback fight for Rigondeaux.
                Would love to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Dogboe looked violent, vicious and tough but IMO Magdaleno was extremely rusty from being off so long. No way Dogboe should've been his return fight. Arum screwed Jesse a bit IMO.

Hopefully they can fight again.
                  I don't think he had much of a choice. He was supposed to fight Juarez, his mandatory, last year. Dogboe took over as mandatory when he beat Juarez. If he fought someone else he would've been stripped of the belt.

Comment

put them in a rematch... Dogboe wins by KO in the early rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X