No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Daniel Jacobs Likes The Jermall Charlo Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Daniel Jacobs Likes The Jermall Charlo Fight

With the middleweight division currently in a state of uncertainty, promoter Eddie Hearn, feels that Daniel Jacobs is ideally positioned to capitalise. WBC, WBA, IBO and IBF champion, Gennady Golovkin will defend his titles against Vanes Martirosyan on 5 May, at the StubHub Center, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The IBF probably doesn't get vacated. Charlo probably doesn't fight Jacobs because he doesn't have to. Jacobs will be trying to get the best available opponent next and nobody will want to step up. So,....

There's Andrade and Ryota Murata. And I doubt those fights happen either.

Comment

That would be one hell of a fight! Bad blood as well. I like Jacobs' skill to overcome Charlo's power and tenacity.

Comment

Jacobs vs. Charlo is the fight I've been wanting at MW. Time for Charlo to step up and earn his shot.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          Time for Charlo to step up and earn his shot.
          Jesus fucking christ........

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Jacobs vs. Charlo is the fight I've been wanting at MW. Time for Charlo to step up and earn his shot.
            Al Haymon & Eddie need to make this happen! I seriously doubt Charlo & Al want a fight with Danny???

Comment

This is one fight I would love to see but I doubt it will happen.

Canelo first has to pick a September fight, then GGG has to pick one too so the mandos know it won't be them then they can fight each other else, everyone will just wait to see what happens.

Sad but that is the way middleweight is right now. Why would they fight each other when no one knows which mando GGG will honor if Canelo doesn't fight him in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                Jesus fucking christ........
                Who has he fought thus far to deserve all of this mandatory status and being ranked so high? He got shook by Danny in that hallway beef and wants no part of him. He's too busy whooping up on no-hopers. MW version of Wilder.

Comment

Listening to Hearn discuss these bouts gives you some insight on how clueless he is regarding the scene across the pond. The man is no doubt doing his thing overseas, but tough sledding here.

I think the IBF belt does get vacated. Would Jacobs take that fight against Derevyanchenko though? Mehhh...risky. With very low reward. And it doesn't guarantee him a shot at Canelo or GGG either.

Jacobs is nicely positioned to win a title. He's no more closer to a big fight.

Comment

"That's a fight Danny likes a lot."

But which network would it happen on? Eddie is blowing more gas here.

I hope Charlo catches one of these bodies soon (I think Sergiy is the most likely opponent due to Dibella being his promoter and the Showtime connection).

Comment

Working...
                    X