Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner-Vargas Telecast Peaked at 869,000 Viewers on Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Broner-Vargas Telecast Peaked at 869,000 Viewers on Showtime

Adrien Broner hasn't been able to win a fight decisively since he stopped Ashley Theophane two years ago. Broner still won the ratings game yet again Saturday night. Nielsen Media Research revealed Tuesday that Showtime's telecast of Broner's majority draw with Jessie Vargas was watched by a peak audience of 869,000 and averaged 782,000 viewers.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 04-24-2018, 01:18 PM.

How do they factor in the people that watched on the app?

Comment

Davis thinks he is a PPV star in the making pulling numbers like that.

Comment

Drop from Broner ratings last year against Mikey but close to what he drew against Granados.

Mikey Garcia vs. Adrien Broner 881K
        Adrien Broner vs. Adrian Granados 779K

Also shows nobody really cared about the Charlo and Davis fights. Ratings low for them then spike for Broner.

Comment

Is that good or bad number for murica?

Comment

Not bad. AB can still pull em as much as I wish he’d go away.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              Drop from Broner ratings last year against Mikey but close to what he drew against Granados.

Mikey Garcia vs. Adrien Broner 881K
              Adrien Broner vs. Adrian Granados 779K

Also shows nobody really cared about the Charlo and Davis fights. Ratings low for them then spike for Broner.
              Nearly half of the ticket sales weee from B-more. Tank pulls a crowd.

Not surprising that Broner did better with Mikey Garcia. Jessie Vargas just isn’t a viable B-side.

Comment

I think the Super Fly Card did more than that........or close.

Comment

A bit surprised he didn't match the Garcia numbers...Vargas obviously isn't as big a draw, but he is a name and the undercard was stacked...I don't think these numbers will encourage Showtime to stack cards in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Nearly half of the ticket sales weee from B-more. Tank pulls a crowd.

Not surprising that Broner did better with Mikey Garcia. Jessie Vargas just isn’t a viable B-side.
                    I don't know how anyone can verify that Tank sold half the ticket sales. Until someone has proof of that claim I will assume Broner sold the tickets just like Broner is the one fans tuned in to see on TV. Despite having a big draw like Broner on the TV card as a lead in but STILL almost half didn't turn on the TV until after Davis fight.
                    Last edited by bigdunny1; 04-24-2018, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X