No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce vs. Lenroy Thomas Looms, May 5 At O2 Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce vs. Lenroy Thomas Looms, May 5 At O2 Arena

Joe Joyce will fight for his first title next month. Boxing Scene understands that the Olympic silver medallist, who was defeated by Tony Yoka at the super-heavyweight Games final in Rio back in 2016, is in line to face Lenroy Thomas. Joyce (3-0, 3 KOs) has long been touted as an addition to the undercard of Tony Bellew's heavyweight grudge rematch showdown against David Haye.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Didn't Joyce win Bronze?

Comment

No - it was silver. Should've been gold too, thought he won at least 2 rounds against Yoka. And I say that as a completely unbiased Brit... 😁

Comment

My bad. Don't know why I thought he won Bronze all this time...

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the juggernaut in action again. This guy is something special

Comment

Not a bad card overall this one.

Comment

Interesting fight. Thomas shows some ring intelligence in there, but then again its against Dave Allen so take that for what you will, & Joyce is still massively green so another good one to see whats up with Joyce.

Random Q for anyone. What other HW's have been moved THIS quick, quicker or comparably quick in there career with so few pro fights?

Only guy coming to mind off the top of my head is Peter Rademacher who fought Patterson in his pro debut & had a pretty impressive resume overall (as far as names, not necessarily W's, think he lost all his biggest fights).

Comment

Give lenroy a round be blasted out by the 2nd joyce is a force in the division and with dubios on the rise within 18 months could be as many as 7 uk fighters in top ten aj fury whyte haye hughie fury dubios and joyce

Comment

damn, gotta feel bad for the doncaster delahoya...he'll prolly never win the commonwealth now

Comment

yep, I'm with you, its a shame as it should just be a throw away for Joyce and I think that would have meant something to the Rhino. I may have wanted that one more than Wilder / Joshua ;-)

Good luck to Joyce, good fight.

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    damn, gotta feel bad for the doncaster delahoya...he'll prolly never win the commonwealth now

Comment

Working...
                    X