Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricardo Mayorga Under Review, Sanctions Loom Over Last Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricardo Mayorga Under Review, Sanctions Loom Over Last Fight

Last Saturday in Laredo, Texas, former two-division world champion Ricardo Mayorga (32-11-1, 26 KOs) was knocked out by local fighter Rodolfo "Cobrita" Gomez in a contest where the veteran boxer, 45-years-old, looked like a shell of his former self.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yea, i dont see how he is allowed to keep fighting

Comment

How is a punk ass commission gonna keep a man from earning a living??
      I agree he should retire cause he's a joke now but if he wants to keep fighting and promoters keep paying him to fight well then who are we to keep him from fattening up his pockets??

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
        How is a punk ass commission gonna keep a man from earning a living??
        I agree he should retire cause he's a joke now but if he wants to keep fighting and promoters keep paying him to fight well then who are we to keep him from fattening up his pockets??
        They can if there is a health concern.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
          They can if there is a health concern.
          I understand what you're saying but at the same time if the boxing commissions really cared about a boxer's well being then they would create some type of retirement plan so that fighters don't have to keep fighting forever just to get money.
          The NBA, MLB, and NFL has a retirement plan for the players so why not boxing?
          Retired players like O.J Simpson still collect a paycheck to this day so the commissions of boxing should do the same for the fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
            I understand what you're saying but at the same time if the boxing commissions really cared about a boxer's well being then they would create some type of retirement plan so that fighters don't have to keep fighting forever just to get money.
            The NBA, MLB, and NFL has a retirement plan for the players so why not boxing?
            Retired players like O.J Simpson still collect a paycheck to this day so the commissions of boxing should do the same for the fighters.
            Boxing is not NBA, boxer can fight once a year and NBA players gonna play 50 times a year. It's a different sport, boxing is very unpredictable.

Comment

He may want to fight but he shows virtually nothing and the Commission should band him for his own good and well they're doing that they could also do it to Margarito 4 is high and Angullo with no skill left...

Comment

The problem is that Mayorga is not even trying to get in shape to be able to have a respectable boxing fight. He shows up to a fight just to get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by MachoPower View Post
                  The problem is that Mayorga is not even trying to get in shape to be able to have a respectable boxing fight. He shows up to a fight just to get paid.
                  Bob Sapp of boxing?

Comment

please stop this bull****!!

Comment

Working...
                    X