Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hurd-Lara Drew Higher Ratings for Showtime Than Joshua-Parker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hurd-Lara Drew Higher Ratings for Showtime Than Joshua-Parker

Jarrett Hurd and Erislandy Lara didn't start fighting until 12:43 a.m. ET on Saturday night. That didn't stop them from producing higher ratings than the heavyweight title unification fight Showtime televised the previous Saturday. Nielsen Media Research ratings released Tuesday revealed viewership for Hurd-Lara, the main event of Showtime's tripleheader from Las Vegas, peaked at 521,000.
    [Click Here To Read More]

For a guy that has repeatedly irritated viewers with his conservative style to beat out someone who is being sold as the new face of boxing, that's pretty impressive.

Comment

Another Cuban non seller out does AJ

This is getting ridiculous. GGG can 't sell yet he claims he's the A side. AJ can't sell yet he claims he's the A side. Next they will tell us water is dry.

And I don't care that he can charge 90k fans $1 for a fight in his hometown. The masses aren't moved by these people.

Comment

Eddie Hearn is doing a poor job of building Anthony Joshua into a star in America.

Comment

Put Hurd-Lara on in the afternoon and see what numbers it'd do.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonoluv View Post
            This is getting ridiculous. GGG can 't sell yet he claims he's the A side. AJ can't sell yet he claims he's the A side. Next they will tell us water is dry.

And I don't care that he can charge 90k fans $1 for a fight in his hometown. The masses aren't moved by these people.
            I think those Joshua fights make some money because the opponents are getting huge checks and he's touching $20m and Hearn ain't exactly struggling to pay his rent.

There's money being generated somewhere.

Comment

Who has GGG claimed to be A side to that he actually wasn't? When has AJ claimed he would be A side in America? Or are you claiming there is some fighter for which AJ is B side in the UK? If so, who?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                For a guy that has repeatedly irritated viewers with his conservative style to beat out someone who is being sold as the new face of boxing, that's pretty impressive.
                Yeah, I don’t know how this is even possible...but all right. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  Put Hurd-Lara on in the afternoon and see what numbers it'd do.
                  They replayed AJ-Parker during primetime on the same day, and still it drew less average and peak ratings

Comment

You for real aj sold 80k stadium average 150 per ticket pounds not dollars sponsors worth millions then over a million ppv buys at 20 pounds not dollars do the maths fela wilder had 6k fans watching him not a ppv event in his biggest fight ortiz yeah sure wilder is the draw soft lad

Comment

Working...
                    X