Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hurd: It's Crazy That Knockdown Was the Difference on Scorecards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hurd: It's Crazy That Knockdown Was the Difference on Scorecards

Tears of joy began flowing from Jarrett Hurd's eyes as soon as Jimmy Lennon Jr. uttered the word "Swift" after reading the scores Saturday night in Las Vegas.

That emotional moment briefly overwhelmed Hurd, who realized he had just beaten the opponent who was widely viewed as the best boxer in their weight class. Hurd couldn't understand afterward, though, how he came so close to hearing Lara's name announced as the winner of their 12-round, 154-pound title unification fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Sorry Jarrett, but you were NOT easily winning the fight! It was a close fight, and the KD sealed the deal! If not for the fact that I really want to see Hurd vs. Charlo, I would want to see an immediate rematch! I will say this though, Hurd did better than Canelo!

Comment

I felt the same way. When your opponent is practically running outta the ring trying to survive the cards shouldn’t be that close. Lara doesn’t fight 3 minutes of the round. He fights for less than a minute of every round. I hope now you shut up the ****y Charlo Brothers.

Comment

The way I saw it Lara was in survival mode since the 3rd round. He had a few good rounds but Hurd was in control of the fight. It was only a matter of time before he got dropped or possibly stopped. One more round and Hurd would've finished him. I agree it's crazy it came down to a KD.

That's the only reason I don't favor Hurd against Charlo because if he can't get a KD, he doesn't win the fight. However. I think he can do the same thing to Charlo minus the KD.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigpig View Post
          I felt the same way. When your opponent is practically running outta the ring trying to survive the cards shouldn’t be that close. Lara doesn’t fight 3 minutes of the round. He fights for less than a minute of every round. I hope now you shut up the ****y Charlo Brothers.
          I'm pretty certain that you didn't even watch the fight and are just saying that lara was practically running out of the ring because you're going based on his reputation. If you actually saw the fight, you'd know that lara spent alot of time in the pocket and landed the cleaner punches through most of the fight. Hurds biggest strengths which won him the fight were his activity level and the fact that he got the knock down.

Comment

Did you see him after the knockdown he had nothing he was in full retreat exhausted eye shut he got thoroughly beat down. Yea he stayed in the pocket taking punches cause he couldn’t keep Hurd off of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigpig View Post
              Dude Lara didn't run in that fight he went toe to toe with Hurd the majority of the fight. In fact if Lara would have ran in round 12 he would have won the fight but he decided to stay in the pocket and got knocked down which was ultimately the difference in the fight.

Comment

Hurd should know the fight was close he ate allot of punches from Lara. He needs to correct those defensive flaws before moving up to 160 he might not fair as well with that D. But it was a good win for his career. Hopefully his trainer fixes those flaws.

Comment

I was going for Hurd, even had a small bet. I agree the KD was the difference. Honestly it was a sigh of relief. Not a fan of Laras at all and I have been very critical of him but he showed grit and stood poised. Hurd is just very big and has a granite chin, I honestly thought Hurd was going to stop him late. Good fight and I look forward to Hurds next fight, lets hope its Charlo!

Comment

I like Hurds mentality, a great offense is the best defense.....and yes Lara did do some running but Hurd just chased him down and wore him out with those vicious body punches.
                    Last edited by TexasCowBoy; 04-09-2018, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X