Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Naoya Inoue Promoter Contacted By World Boxing Super Series

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Naoya Inoue Promoter Contacted By World Boxing Super Series

Mr. Ohashi, the president of the Ohashi Gym and promoter of Naoya Inoue, recently informed me that he had been contacted by the World Boxing Super Series. Their interest was to specifically include Inoue in a bantamweight tournament later this year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think this could be a great tourney, equal to the Cruiserweight one. Inoue, Tete, Burnett and one other strong contender like Rodriguez or Gaballo would ensure all quality match-ups from the semi-finals onwards, and there is a solid pool of second-tier talent to select from for the unseeded four - Payano, Solis, Butler, Zhakiyanov, Oubaali, Sor Chitpattana, Guerfi, etc. It would be extra nice if Nery could take part although I'm not sure he can actually make Bantam without Clenbuterol and it could be argued that he doesn't deserve the opportunity right now, so I'm not counting on it

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      I think this could be a great tourney, equal to the Cruiserweight one. Inoue, Tete, Burnett and one other strong contender like Rodriguez or Gaballo would ensure all quality match-ups from the semi-finals onwards, and there is a solid pool of second-tier talent to select from for the unseeded four - Payano, Solis, Butler, Zhakiyanov, Oubaali, Sor Chitpattana, Guerfi, etc. It would be extra nice if Nery could take part although I'm not sure he can actually make Bantam without Clenbuterol and it could be argued that he doesn't deserve the opportunity right now, so I'm not counting on it
      It's a real shame that Nery is a total piece of shit, because either him or Yamanka in the tournament would have made for great fights, but the little cheating cunt ruined that possibility.

Comment

Loeffler was hoping to get Inoue on Superfly 3 at 118, but to date the WBSS has been a far richer tournament in terms of the payouts to the boxers, so unless superfly 3 decides to stretch its payouts considerably (which they did for Choco in Superfly 1), the WBSS it is for Inoue, Tete etc as the money is so much more.

Comment

Nice. This tournament is gonna need him to be as legit as it can be.

Comment

Would be a very strong tournament & id love to see it! Wbss is taking over

Comment

The WBSS is trying to do some good things. Best new development in the sport in a long while.

They should try to get a heavyweight tournament going so that Eddie Hearn stops blocking the Wilder fight.

Comment

Comment

That would be at least three belts coming together in this tournament. Awesome news. Good for Inoue too because I'd imagine he'll want to be up at 122 by the end of 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    That would be at least three belts coming together in this tournament. Awesome news. Good for Inoue too because I'd imagine he'll want to be up at 122 by the end of 2019.
                    Should all be in there, no excuses for anyone not to be involved. No promotional problems. Rodriguez said he had the option of Chitpattana for WBC and Butler for IBF. Apparently hes chose Butler, leaves Chitpattana fighting Oubaali for the WBC.

Comment

Working...
                    X