Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dennis Hogan vs. Jimmy Kilrain Kelly - Undercard Details

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dennis Hogan vs. Jimmy Kilrain Kelly - Undercard Details

Brisbane-based Irishman Dennis Hogan 26-1-1 (7) is set to headline one of the biggest boxing cards held in Australia in years when he takes on England's Jimmy Kilrain Kelly 23-1 (9) for the right to fight for the WBO junior middleweight world title when the two clash at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre on April 7.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ummm. Nice to see the Wythenshaw lad getting a shot at a regional title and getting to travel the world, but I'm not sold unless he's improved significantly since I saw beefy Smith walk straight through him on the Murray - Saunders under.

That said he was very young and green at the time, and his main problem seemed to be that he simply didn't have enough on his punches to even slow Smith down, despite appearing to have the faster hands...

we'll see I guess. On paper it's a big step up from his opponents since Smith, but I'm not sure he's got what it takes.

Comment

Pathetic that this is a for a title shot. Both guys lost badly to weak paper belt holders and neither is top 25. Kelly is ranked 68th at 154 for boxrec. Easy title defense coming up for somebody

Comment

Working...
      X