Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stephen Simmons Contemplating Retirement After Askin Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stephen Simmons Contemplating Retirement After Askin Loss

Edinburgh's Stephen "Monster" Simmons (18-3, 7 early) has admitted that he is contemplating retirement following his failure to win the British cruiserweight title against Blackpool-based Matty Askin (23-3-1, 15 KOs) on a David Haye-promoted show at the York Hall on Saturday night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Stephen is a genuinely good guy but he never really developed from being a fairly good amateur. I was waiting to see the progression but it never came, and he maintained this plodding and predictable style fight after fight. Always feel that with a better team he'd have been more successful. Billy Nelson just wasn't getting it out of him.

Comment

Stephen should take a year off and then fight for the vacant BBBof C Celtic Crusierweight title against a future amateur who'll be turning pro at the start of 2019. We'll make the match. He'll be 6-0 in the pro's by then against journeymen, Stephen Simmons can be the step-up guy at national level.
      Someone let him know there's a fight for him in 14 months time in May 2019 and if he wants it, it's there.

Comment

Pass this message on

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
        Stephen is a genuinely good guy but he never really developed from being a fairly good amateur. I was waiting to see the progression but it never came, and he maintained this plodding and predictable style fight after fight. Always feel that with a better team he'd have been more successful. Billy Nelson just wasn't getting it out of him.
        Stephen should take a year off and then fight for the vacant BBBof C Celtic Crusierweight title against a future amateur who'll be turning pro at the start of 2019. We'll make the match. He'll be 6-0 in the pro's by then against journeymen, Stephen Simmons can be the step-up guy at national level.
        Someone let him know there's a fight for him in 14 months time in May 2019 and if he wants it, it's there

Comment

Originally posted by BUCSBronzemedal View Post
          Someone let him know there's a fight for him in 14 months time in May 2019 and if he wants it, it's there
          He's quite active on his Facebook so I'm quite sure he'd consider the offer. His retirement talk might be just that - you know, just feeling shtitty after losing another fight he might have done better in.
          I would say get in touch with Stephen and I feel there's a good chance he can be persuaded to lace em up again.
          He's a fighting man through and through and a proper good fella. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X