Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Wants Ramirez, Prograis to Take Interim Fights on Same Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Wants Ramirez, Prograis to Take Interim Fights on Same Card

NEW YORK The WBC has mandated that Jose Ramirez must make his first title defense against Regis Prograis. Bob Arum, Ramirez's promoter, has another idea. Arum wants to pair Ramirez, who won the WBC super lightweight title Saturday night, and Prograis, the newly crowned WBC interim 140-pound champion, in separate fights as part of an ESPN doubleheader sometime in June or July. Assuming Ramirez (22-0, 16 KOs) and Prograis (21-0, 18 KOs) win those fights, Arum would then make a Ramirez-Prograis bout toward the end of this year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

well then he better start saying no and be firm and talk to the wbc that he is supposed to be next

Comment

Would Badou Jack be able to take a interim fight instead of fighting Gvozdyk if he was to beat Adonis? I don’t think so. Arum would sue the wbc

Comment

I knew some bull crap was gonna stop us from seeing this fight next SMH!!!

Comment

I don't see a point in making them wait they are both champions and both had fights only a week apart. Maybe Prograis well right Postol next and Jose will fight whoever. But I'd rather see this happen next.

Comment

Why? Either fight each other or drop the belt.

Comment

If he was a in house fighter he would have matched them with each other next. But no this greedy scumbag wants to control everything.

Comment

Typical Arum marinating bs again.

Arum clearly sees Prograis as a huge threat.

Lets see them fight NEXT

Comment

So many ****en questions.
                  Why talk to lou?
                  Lol at progrias wanting the fight then mentioning broner.

As long as they fight at the end of the year then thats alright for me

Comment

I think we all knew this siht was coming regardless of who won last night's fight. I think it's b.s.. RP should get Ramirez next. A fight between these two will never be a big fight so why stall.

Comment

Working...
                    X