Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Valdez-Quigg, Garcia-Lipinets Remind Us To Truly Appreciate Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Valdez-Quigg, Garcia-Lipinets Remind Us To Truly Appreciate Boxing

By Corey Erdman - When you watch fights like the ones between Oscar Valdez and Scott Quigg, and Mikey Garcia and Sergey Lipinets, it's very easy to love and appreciate the sport of boxing. Valdez vs. Quigg and Garcia vs. Lipinets gave us an early pair of Fight of the Year contenders, two bloody battles between four legitimate world class operators. The kinds of fights most fans hope they get when they...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Were great fights ...

Comment

Garcia-Lipinets was a good fight, but it was far from Fight of the Year good. Last weeks, Wilder-Ortiz put Garcia-Lipinets to shame. Heck, I had more fun watching Spence beat on Peterson.

Comment

Wow!!! Great article. 99% never make it even close to the top. And a lot work full time and box part time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
          Garcia-Lipinets was a good fight, but it was far from Fight of the Year good. Last weeks, Wilder-Ortiz put Garcia-Lipinets to shame. Heck, I had more fun watching Spence beat on Peterson.
          The 1st 4 rounds of Ortiz/Wilder were TERRIBLE!!!

Comment

Excellent write-up. Couldn't agree more. Glad that the visibility of the Sweet Science is increasing and average, non-boxing fans, get to see great contests like last night on ESPN. There was a time when everyone in the world knew the name of the champ, and he was the most respected man on the planet.

Maybe, just maybe though...the networks might want to talk to each other so we don't have 2 major fights going on at the same time...just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              The 1st 4 rounds of Ortiz/Wilder were TERRIBLE!!!
              Haha, h++l yeah. That was on it's way to be a real stinker.

Comment

Great fights this past weekend

Comment

What I like about Garcia is he chooses to fight when he could he easily coast and win on his skills alone i.e. he takes a chance and entertains the crowd.

Comment

FOTY? contenders? Mikey Garcia and Lipinets? HA! what the hell was the writer watching? this was boring as ****!

Comment

Working...
                    X