Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Dmitry Bivol Knocks Sullivan Barrera Out in Twelfth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Dmitry Bivol Knocks Sullivan Barrera Out in Twelfth

Bivol, Barrera Fight Photos Gallery - Theater, Madison Square Garden, New York - In the exciting co-feature, WBA Light Heavyweight Champion Dmitry Bivol (13-0, 11 KOs) of Russia battled Sullivan Barrera (21-2, 14 KOs) of Guantanamo Bay, Cuba down to the final round before scoring a TKO victory at 1:41 of the twelfth.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Had Bivol and Kovalev fought last night I don't know what would have happened. Kovalev took a few shots from a pillow puncher.

Comment

That was a fine performance and an electrifying finish by Bivol, but I was actually disappointed that Sully got caught like that in the last round, just when it looked like he was going to have the satisfaction of at least going the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
        Had Bivol and Kovalev fought last night I don't know what would have happened. Kovalev took a few shots from a pillow puncher.
        Well, in a way yes

But I only agree because Bivol seems to look like he's on another level. He reminds me a little of Klitschko

I'm surprised how well he has adapted to being at the top of the division

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
          Well, in a way yes

But I only agree because Bivol seems to look like he's on another level. He reminds me a little of Klitschko

I'm surprised how well he has adapted to being at the top of the division
          I don't remember him clinching 100 times so I don't get the klit comparison

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            I don't remember him clinching 100 times so I don't get the klit comparison
            I meant more Vitali Klitschko, he has the presence in the ring directly in front of his opponent, with sweet vicious short counter punches.

Wladimir didn't always rely on clinches, though he definitely exploited them a la Hopkins/Ward

Comment

He may be green but I have a feeling that he would beat Kov rather easily.
              Definitely the future of the division. He looks that good.

Comment

Bivol really exceeded my expectations against Barrera. I was picking him to win but I felt some reservations about that choice.

Comment

he schooled and embarrassed barrera. I picked him to win but didn't think it would be that easy. bivol is legit.

Comment

Four ex soviet boxers in Light Heavy: Bivol, Beterbiev, Gvozdyk, Kovalev. ****kenson is getting eaten by any of these.

Comment

Working...
                    X