Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lewis Ritson Drops, Dismantles Joe Murray In One To Retain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lewis Ritson Drops, Dismantles Joe Murray In One To Retain

Lewis Ritson defended his British lightweight title in devastating fashion as he stopped the brave Joe Murray in a round. Both men started sharply at the Victoria Warehouse in Manchester, but a thunderous body shot left Murray wincing on the canvas in the early stages of the opener in the 12-round top-of-the-bill contest, which was screened exclusively live on Sky Sports as part of the latest instalment of the JDNXTGEN series.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I really like Lewis ritson. He's came from nowhere and he can fight. I don't remember seeing a young fighter that's this calm and I am expecting big things.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
      I really like Lewis ritson. He's came from nowhere and he can fight. I don't remember seeing a young fighter that's this calm and I am expecting big things.
      Yeah i was really impressed when he beat Barrett in his last fight. Never saw tonights fight but seemed like he did a job on Murray.

Ritson is really calm in the ring, that's what impressed me too. He looks a cut above your usual prospect or British champ level fighter.

Hearn only actually signed him once he won the British title on Hearn's card, this was his first fight actually signed with Hearn. He has basically been under the radar and come of nowhere.

Comment

Murray put too much effort into his ringwalk. Dancing around in dungarees to Cotton Eyed Joe, lol. Great performance from Ritson though. Sounds like a Newcastle NXTGEN, next month think they said, Ritson/Cardle, Josh Kelly headlining

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
          Murray put too much effort into his ringwalk. Dancing around in dungarees to Cotton Eyed Joe, lol. Great performance from Ritson though. Sounds like a Newcastle NXTGEN, next month think they said, Ritson/Cardle, Josh Kelly headlining
          Cardle sounded drunk when he was interviewed after ritsons fight. I think ritson will walk through him and finish him in a couple of rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
            Cardle sounded drunk when he was interviewed after ritsons fight. I think ritson will walk through him and finish him in a couple of rounds.
            Yeah dont think itll last long either. That whole interview was awkward, Hearn making it sound like its a stepping stone fight to something bigger later in the year, Cardle stood right there listening.

Comment

Murray put too much effort into his ringwalk. Dancing around in dungarees to Cotton Eyed Joe, lol.
              Dammit, I can't believe I missed this! Gonna have to find it on youtube

Comment

"Where did I come from? Where do I go?"

"Off to the hospital - you got KO'd"

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  "Where did I come from? Where do I go?"

"Off to the hospital - you got KO'd"

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                    Dammit, I can't believe I missed this! Gonna have to find it on youtube
                    Jordan Gill's ringwalk was hilarious aswell, Jackos Thriller, but the DJ put the video version on, creeking, footsteps, and wind blowing. All stood there waiting for the intro to finish. Coldwell saying to Gill "we're gunna have to go", never ending intro. Ended up walking down to the ring with Jacko squeaking about not being a normal guy.
                    Last edited by Randall Cunning; 02-26-2018, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X