Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Victor Ortiz, Devon Alexander Fight To Controversial Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Victor Ortiz, Devon Alexander Fight To Controversial Draw

Ortiz vs. Alexander Fight Photos Gallery - Former world champions Victor Ortiz (32-6-3, 25 KOs) and Devon Alexander (27-4-1, 14 KOs) fought to majority draw in the exciting main event of Premier Boxing Champions on FOX and FOX Deportes Saturday night from Don Haskins Center on the UTEP campus in El Paso, Texas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Thought Devon won this clearly. He visibly stunned Ortiz on more than a couple occasions, bloodied him, swelled him, hit him w flashy combos and a sweet punch selection, worked the body, moved, defended pretty well (but not perfectly) and took Ortiz punches well. I’m shocked that he didn’t win on ANY of the cards. Guess maybe there was some Hispanic bias w it being in El Paso ? It was a good fight though.

He got gifts in St. Louis though, vs Kotelnik and Matthysse so I guess this is the universe working itself out.

Comment

Punches landed was basically indentical so no beef about a draw

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
        I thought while Devon clearly dominated the first half - there was a shift in the second half that announcing crew missed, which probably affected the public view also.
        In second half, Devon's sharp counters were more rare and Ortiz was getting some solid shots through in exchanges.

I had it a draw, good fight.
        Yeah I totally agree. Hunter kept praising Alexander in the second half of the fight even though he dropped his workrate while Ortiz was still being aggressive. I like how Alexander looked in the first half with sharp counters, but it was disappointing that he didn't turn it up and figure out how to take over. He seemed OK to let the fight go on. He didn't take it to that next level. He would get whooped by Spence or Garcia.

Comment

I dont know, call me a harsh criric if you want but Devon Alexander is still a wet cloth to me. Even against Ortiz he manages to come off as boring and hard to watch for more than a couple minutes.

Comment

Fuk devon alexander

Comment

Garcia soft

Ortiz, Alexander & Spence all would beat Garcia! 9 rounds to finish bambam last night?? Joke!! Looking @ bambam you have to wonder how did he pass a physical to clear to fight, professionally???

Comment

Ortiz and Alexander are like the same exact fighter I should have bet this would end in a draw

Comment

Ai nothing fight with two guys that don't matter... neither one are serious threats to a title shot unless they are hand-picked because of their ineptitude... the highlight of the night was the horrific scores Don Griffin givING the fight to Ortiz and Glenn Rick Crocker and the other Spanish judge calling it a draw does Texas really pay these guys to officiate this is Las vegas-type scoring not even in the ballpark....

Comment

He fuc ked Vic up!

Comment

Working...
                    X