Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Groves Hands a Bloody Chris Eubank Jr. a Boxing Lesson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Groves Hands a Bloody Chris Eubank Jr. a Boxing Lesson

George Groves retained his WBA World title, and captured the IBO title, and earned a unanimous points verdict to move into the final of the inaugural super middleweight edition of the World Boxing Super Series.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What a great story of perseverance. After he was stopped by Froch twice (also a lost to Jack), many were writing him off. Congrats to him for becoming a champ, and successfully defending it against Eubank.

Comment

Groves Hands a Bloody Chris Eubank Jr. a bloody Boxing Lesson mate. Bloody hell!

Comment

Lol. A boxing lesson? Yeah right. That’s like a British writer saying BJS gave Monroe Jr. a boxing lesson when both were timid to trade. Groves was scared. Clinched his way to victory being highly inactive

Comment

Groves really beat him up.

I don't think Eubank will ever be top level. He makes no adjustments and he just fights enough to lose.

Seems like another one of those below average fighters who only gets opportunities because of who his father is.

Comment

Originally posted by Loma#1 View Post
            Lol. A boxing lesson? Yeah right. That’s like a British writer saying BJS gave Monroe Jr. a boxing lesson when both were timid to trade. Groves was scared. Clinched his way to victory being highly inactive
            How ****ing shyt was that fight? Holy crap it was boring, it was like they were both waiting for the other guy to throw first the whole night. It was a synchronised dance in the middle of the ring.

The best part of BJS vs Monroe was the presser where BJS was talking trash and Monroe ignored him and did that whole 'This is your conscience speaking' routine. BJS got mad that his trash talk game got shut down. Funny stuff

Comment

I think we got what we expect from Groves. He's a clever fighter. His experience was a major tool.

The Eubank situation is a weird one. What was his game plan?
              Groves controlled the tempo, the distance. I don't think his corner knew how to adapt in fight, and even if they had instructed him, i don't know if Eubank is savvy enough to apply those instructions. They should be letting Ronnie Davies get involved more.

Eubank looks good and explosive against a certain type of fighter. But questions were asked about what would happen when he steps up in level. How would he do against a guy who isn't just a punch bag, who is there to win?

He lacks in fundamentals that you need as a given when stepping up. He needs a new corner for sure. One without his dad.
              If he's serious and it's just not an act when he says he doesn't need a trainer, then he needs to change that attitude too.

He's a decent fighter, but he's mixing it with top guys now. He looked like an amateur at times last night. He was wild.
              I don't know if it's too late for him to improve to the required level, or even if he's capable skill-wise, but if he wants to give it a try, he need change behind the scenes.
              Last edited by Chrismart; 02-18-2018, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Groves fights like the lanky praying Mantis ala Andy Lee. Nothing special. There was more action in Lee vs Quillin than last night. No boxing lesson to be seen

Comment

Groves has issues, major ones, but Chris screwed himself by keeping his father too close, not getting good coaching, not taking better fights. I've been saying this for years. He had so much potential and he threw it away. Now, he's a stiff fighter with 2 punches, who can't adapt.
                  Last edited by Redd Foxx; 02-18-2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

It's all very well pushing the flawed genius narrative outside the ring (weird fashion statements, enigmatic comments, contempt for opponents, disrespect for boxing training) but unless you demonstrate genius inside the ring, you end up looking like a tool.

Both Eubanks are (as we say in Blighty) all fur coat and no knickers.

Comment

Working...
                    X