Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manuel Charr Looks Forward To Overseas Fight With Oquendo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Manuel Charr Looks Forward To Overseas Fight With Oquendo

On November 25, 2017 Manuel Charr beat Russia's Alexander Ustinov in Oberhausen, Germany, to claim the vacant WBA World Heavyweight Championship. For his first title defense, "Diamond Boy" Charr will most probably come to the United States to face mandatory challenger Fres Oquendo. With 600,000 US-dollars, Oquendo's team won the purse bid held earlier today in Toronto, Canada. The fight will most probably take place in Chicago on May 4th.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hahaha team Charr cheaping out for sure. Frankly we didn’t think anyone from Oquendo’s team would show up at the purse bid so we were thinking we’d get the fight for cheap. They split it 50/50 According to the WBA...

Comment

Weird feeling this ends up on UFC Fight Pass.

Comment

Manuel Charr looks forward to Overseas Fight With Oquendo.

Well, that makes one of us.

Comment

I thought Charr was the Regular WBA champion not the super duper Champion. Oquendo is a step up like 10 years ago. Then Charr needs to fulfill mandatories like Briggs... Ridiculousness sanctioning bodies... If the real champion is out there? Please stand up, please stand up...

Comment

Didn't expect Oquendos people to even show up..... that's hilarious! I wouldnt have either. Who has 600k to blow on Fres Oquendo in 2018???

I realize the fact that they can falsely suggest that the fight is for the heavyweight championship might sell a few tickets, but how much could they possibly clear in gate profit after site fees??? Highly doubt any TV money will come bail them out.... I would pay ESPN to NOT show this.

Comment

I'm guessing Oquendo's "team" is new to boxing? Charr's people must laughing there arses off!!

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                I realize the fact that they can falsely suggest that the fight is for the heavyweight championship
                The fight is for the WBA heavyweight championship of the world. There's nothing false about that. Charr holds the title that was held by Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier, George Foreman, Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield, Rid**** Bowe, Lennox Lewis, etc.

All of those men were WBA heavyweight champion of the world. None of them were WBA heavyweight champion of the super.

Comment

Hot damn, I might just have to fly up to Chicago to see Charr whoop Oquendo's old ass in person! War Diamond Boy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                    Hot damn, I might just have to fly up to Chicago to see Charr whoop Oquendo's old ass in person! War Diamond Boy!!!
                    Charr is so bad that even 45 y.o. Oquendo will kick his ass

Comment

Working...
                    X