No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: News: Kelly Pavlik, Juan Sanchez, Lenin Castillo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: News: Kelly Pavlik, Juan Sanchez, Lenin Castillo

Former Olympian Lenin Castillo (17-1-1, 12 KO's) from the Dominican Republic has signed with new Puerto Rican management company, Spartan Boxing Club, on his mission to be part of the big stages in boxing.

[Click Here To Read More]

Kelly Pavlik belongs in the Hall of Fame. He assassinated Edison Miranda when he was the most feared man in boxing, knocked the life out of Jermain Taylor to lift the lineal MW title, and made proud Mexican Marco Antonio Rubio cry and quit in his corner. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
      Kelly Pavlik belongs in the Hall of Fame. He assassinated Edison Miranda when he was the most feared man in boxing, knocked the life out of Jermain Taylor to lift the lineal MW title, and made proud Mexican Marco Antonio Rubio cry and quit in his corner. Just my opinion.
      You forgot about retiring mean machine gary lockett

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
        You forgot about retiring mean machine gary lockett
        Easy work.

He also threw Bronco McKart in a wastebin after 6 rounds. For comparison's sake, first-ballot Hall of Famer Winky Wright fought Bronco McKart 3 times.

Comment

KELLY PAVLIK WOULD WHOOP GGG ! If they would of been around at the same time!

Comment

Originally posted by MannyQuacioau View Post
            KELLY PAVLIK WOULD WHOOP GGG ! If they would of been around at the same time!
            I agree. Kelly had a strong beard and underrated boxing skills. Clearly he could punch too.

GGG has 1 good win on his resume and it's a debatable win against Danny Jacobs...a guy Pirog son'd.

I wonder how Kelly after Taylor does against prime Sergio (before Kelly took an L)

Comment

The invite to the festivities is the closest he'll get to being inducted.No way was Pav a HOFer.

Comment

I didn't expect this downpour of Kelly Pavlik love.

All of the voiciferous praise for Pavlik calling him the next best thing to Marvin Hagler seems to forget he got shut out by an ancient and sliding B-Hop and clearly lost to Sergio Martinez when the man had less than 25% mobility in his knees.

I think Pavlik was a solid champion who did some clever cherrypicking of guys when they were kust past it enough to look legit, but this Pavlik love-fest is way over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by sweeterscience View Post
                  All of the voiciferous praise for Pavlik calling him the next best thing to Marvin Hagler seems to forget he got shut out by an ancient and sliding B-Hop and clearly lost to Sergio Martinez when the man had less than 25% mobility in his knees.

I think Pavlik was a solid champion who did some clever cherrypicking of guys when they were kust past it enough to look legit, but this Pavlik love-fest is way over the top.
                  After beating Pavlik, Hopkins went on to win the lineal LHW title. After that reign, he went on to unify the LHW division. Hopkins was far from finished when he fought Pavlik.

Martinez's knee was 100% when he fought Pavlik. He didn't injure his knee until he fought JCC Jr. In fact he knocked out 4 straight opponents after beating Pavlik.

It doesn't seem like you know very much about boxing.

Comment

Let's forget Pavlik vs Hop was fought at an unfamiliar 170lbs - well above his normal weight. Funnily enough, these things do matter. We simply don't know what would've happened at 160, but it sure as hell wasn't the Kelly we'd been used to seeing.

Comment

Working...
                    X